1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Being a tester seems out of reach..

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Demon Boy, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzions

Fuzions Zero Gravity Genie

That's illogical. If it was Tiy playing it, he would've used Tiy/Tiyuri, NOT the name of another developer.

2. Nymz

Nymz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once upon a time, beta testing was something that very few people got to do. Those who were chosen felt honored and rightfully so. Now-a-days what happens is spoiled kids get into these betas, freak out and kick up dirt. Take a look at Battlefield 3: It had an open beta and MANY people were saying "this game is so broken, so many glitches, garbage, i'm not buying this, not worth your money" and what happens is that spreads around and taints the game. People sometimes forget, you are only there to make this game perfect for other players and the dev team, it isn't a demo of a finished product. So if you don't get in, or if they don't have one at all, don't feel too bad. It doesn't mean you aren't awesome, OP!

3. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

But the BF3 beta was broken.

Regardless, I agree with what you say.

4. Falcon42

Falcon42 Starship Captain

Oh yes, because he definetly knew the name of a develepor he'd be working with in the future back then.

5. Fuzions

Fuzions Zero Gravity Genie

It's a known fact that the one in the LP was Blue, NOT Tiy. Understand that.
    Anyways this has gone WAY off topic.

6. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

To me it would suck if the people like media "analizers" get to be beta testers.
    I always adored the concept of being able to exclusively test a developing game, and I sort of get that with minecraft, but it really isn't satisfactory because the game is already finished, and anything new is barely an extension.
    The analizers are okay, but I just have the feeling that any idiot could get beta testing for looking at a picture and saying "Here is a cat, it appears to be standing on that ledge. In the background you see sky.."
    Catch my drift?

7. Maunokki

Maunokki Phantasmal Quasar

Beta Testing would be great, in a game this big with this many items and such, there are going to be bugs without a doubt. I wouldn't even want to be in the beta, even if I had a chance. It's kinda like opening a christmas present early. I'd rather wait till the game is done before I set on for my epic journey in the land of Starbound.

MrTasty likes this.
  8. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

I think I would enjoy being in the beta as I'm the kind of guy who if you point and say do something I'll try my best to do it unorthodox or even break it. But hey it could also be an endless hell for me, you never know.

9. Falcon42

Falcon42 Starship Captain

I wasn't aware that Blue even worked on Terraria, I never spent much time getting to know the develpors or join the forums until recently. A mistake I hope not to make with Starbounnd, anyway, I'll edit my post to make y'all happy.

Fuzions likes this.
  10. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anything I'm sure Tiy and the team could just find close and trusted friends and family who play video games to test it. That would make managing leaks a lot easier.

That is, if they want to avoid leaks. A closed beta doesn't necessarily mean they want to keep things private but instead be able to manage a small amount of feedback coming in instead of having an open beta and having 1000 emails sent to their support email and having to sift through everything.

11. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

i dont care if i was a beta tester i would hate to keep it a secret and not play with my friends:yeahhhh: besides i dont want to play to test i want to play to have fun (which would probably happen anyway)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.