1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Beatrice's music from the SNES era Version 1.5

Music by Kikuta, Mitsuda, Uematsu, Kondo and others

1. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Beatrice submitted a new mod:

Beatrice's music from the SNES era - Music from Kikuta, Mitsuda, Uematsu, Kondo and others

Read more about this mod...

2. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

Do you happen to have the Race against Johnny theme from Chrono Trigger? That's my request.

Beatrice likes this.
  3. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Not at the moment; but I'll try my best to add one. ;)

4. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

The issue with the naming in unstable seems to be because the lenght of a songname is too big.
    Replacing every space in a song with _ fixes that issue as it seems.
    It will otherwise only show the last word.
    seems to be still ordered correctly tough...

Beatrice likes this.
  5. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Thanks. In stable, these were more or less ok, but tehy seem to have changed something with the lenght of the name and how it is handled. I'll try to fix it in the next update.

6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Here is my version of "Bike chase". I made a solo and a quartet. As a solo player, you'll be only interested in the solo which isn't marked with a specific instrument. The solo version will work out especially good with an Electric bass Guitar, a Lead Guitar or a Rock Guitar.

For those who play via multiplayer, the Quartet needs Drums, Electric Bass Guitar, Overdrive Guitar and Lead Guitar. It's not as good as the original, but quite near.

I'll add this to the main collection later, when I've done more new songs. :)

7. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Beatrice updated Beatrice's music from the SNES era with a new update entry:

Version 1.1: New music

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Beatrice updated Beatrice's music from the SNES era with a new update entry:

Version 1.2: New music

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Heya! i saw the list and its filled with glory and memories of my childhood :3 but id love to know. I already have Mighty Music mod which has a TON of music(way too much but oh well), and some are repeated in your list, now id love to know... would there be inconsistencies? errors...? crashes?! or just double songs in the list :p

Beatrice likes this.
  10. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

The only problem you'll have is to distinct the song from each other. Double files won't give you any problems besides that ;). You will also notice that the songs I didn't create myself, but found elsewhere - like some of the Chrono Cross files - may be the same, and also some of the SoM ones. It seems that MM and me used the old versions from Starbards when it comes to this. However, you will also hear certainly clearly different tunes when it comes to the versions I marked with a single star (*), because these were done when the tune didn't exist or I were unhappy with the existing track.

Also, if you have a special wish, like a song you miss, I'll try to include it in the next version. :)

Corraidhín likes this.
  11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

ahhh tyvm :3 ill try this right away![DOUBLEPOST=1423368594][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm... installation should be like any other mod right? just drop the folder that was in the rar into the mods folder? for some reason it doesnt show on my song list...ill try reloading[DOUBLEPOST=1423369291][/DOUBLEPOST]Tried installing, with MM on and without MM, and for some reason the songs wont show up on the list :c has anyone faced this problem?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  12. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Songs belong in the folder starbound/assets/user/songs, not in the mod folder. ;)

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ohhh i didnt try that, ty! :3
    Ohhh its working perfectly! *hugs* ty ty! ^_^ if i remember a song id like to see... ill let you know!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  14. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

We had a concert on my homeplanet lately, and a player - also a band member - made three nice videos showing the whole band perfomance. These might be interesting to you, if you are interested in my band files; the videos may give you a better idea about the videos included in my package:

PART I:

Seiken Densetsu 3: The Sacrifice
    Secret of Mana: The Second Truth from the Left
    Secret of Mana: The Legend

PART II:

Final Fantasy VI: Shadow
    Final Fantasy VI: Chocobo
    Chrono Trigger: Spekkio
    Secret of Mana: Meridian Dance

PART III:

Secret of Mana: The Little Sprite
    Chrono Trigger: Lucca
    Chrono Trigger: Secret of the Forest
    Secret of Mana: Mana Fortress

ENCORES (by me)

Super Mario World

Seiken Densetsu 3: Swivel

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh my god, that was absolutely amazing! and the scenarios were exquisitely well designed as well. I specially loved the super mario one! :3 Kudos! and ty for sharing! hopefuly others can follow in your example

If i may ask, whats the instrument used in secret of the forest? it has a striking resemblance to the game`s sound

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

You can find many more interesting songs here: check my youtube channel. More than 70 songs at the moment :)

My "scenarieo" are mostly part of a much bigger world. If you are intersted in my builds, you may find many inspiring things on the pages of this thread: The Republic of San Leone.

Regarding "Secret of the Forest": yes, I'm quite proud how it resembles the original tune. The instruments are piano, bass guitar, harp and clarinet, which are very, very similar to the original tune's feeling. Also, the drum kit gives this special touch. I don't remember the MIDI-file I used for this, but I remember that I had to work a bit to get it around in this satisfiying shape. Also, because it's so good, I wasn't able to make it a solo one; no instrument is able to reproduce everything as good as this quintet. And I rather don't create any tune at all when I'm not satisfied with my work.

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Absolutely a respectable choice. Indeed there is no possible way to create a MIDI or instrument to perform as well as the whole quintet shown in your video, that performance was stunning to say the least. And thank you! I will try to find those instruments! :3

Beatrice likes this.
  18. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

I want to say that this is probably my most favorite list on this site. And since ive played most of these games, i can actually appreciate the efforts that were put into these pieces, especially so with the chrono trigger songs, save for a few solo ones.
    With this i want to list a few changes that might improve some of the songs, if thats okay o:

Crono Trigger - Schala doesnt sound very good with solo, as it loses most of the magic that the original had captured. Turning it into a band version would most likely fix that O:

The same goes with Corridors of Time, since it used many of the same 'exotic' styles as Schala.

I wouldnt mind seeing a band version of World Revolution from chrono trigger either, though i would think it would be a rather big task so x:

The Wind Scene improvs were nice, but i believe that a duet between piano and clarenet would really hit the nail for this one O:

And with that i want to request The boss battle theme 1 and 2, and black dream from chrono trigger O:
    owo seriously though, i actually havent found this many ct songs in one place that were actually really well done.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Beatrice likes this.
  19. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Mission accepted! regarding Schala, I wanted to re-do it in the near future, so you can expect a band version, too! :)

Corridors of time and World Revolution may be a bit more tricky, but I'll have a look at it. Speaking of World Revolution, you actually can play the Solo in a Combo together, sometimes with amazing effects, like, playing it with Rock Organ, Trumpet and Lead Guitar together. Here a Duet, to show how well the "trumpet" part resembles the one in the original game:

And sure, I'll try to do the boss battle themes, too. Thanks for your support! ;)

20. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

O: i wasnt expecting such epicness to return xD but ok :D:D
    I shall look forward to the epicness that shall be crafted >:3!
    Speaking of world revolution, Trumpet/Clarenet makes a great solo combo piece, and just makes it sound more epic.

I still need the rock organ and lead guitar though :c Tis my problem with playing epic songs xD

Oh one other small.. actually not small request. Ive looked around for a bit and havent found a decent one yet, but Kefka's theme 'Dancing Mad' from FF3/6. I would suspect it to be easier to seperate the 3 movements into different 'songs' though x: