1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Glass is used as scaffolding to make sure all of the building's blocks are anchored to something when they're place but it should be getting removed again when the print finishes. Can you make sure you're not standing in the print area when you activate the printer and if it still happens, upload a starbound.log file to pastebin so I can take a look?

dickincorp likes this.
  2. dickincorp

dickincorp Void-Bound Voyager

OK Sir / Lady, after a bit it of messing around i found (my own problem from previous post). [ i mean no offence, this is an Amazing Mod! :) ] Something i noticed, when i deploy a "huge" building" {after ive put down a foundation that is} the "Deleted / Cleared area" takes a while to "Float down" which interrupts the building process. Is there a way to "delay" or even remove the "Cleared area Floating items"? Just an observation.

3. Pilchenstein

The printer should be completely removing everything from the area before it starts printing, if it's not doing that then something is wrong. If you can post screenshots (or even better, video) of what's happening and post your starbound.log so I can take a look, I'll see if I can figure it out. There's currently an issue with very large print/scan areas causing the code to run up against the lua instruction limit, so it could be that - if it is, you'll just have to print in smaller sections because fixing that is going to take more free time than I have right now.

dickincorp likes this.
  4. dickincorp

dickincorp Void-Bound Voyager

Will do and thank you for the reply, I'll edit this with screens and / or vids :). ( I completely understand about the lack of time. )

Pilchenstein likes this.
  5. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

im having trouble placing down a large building; the science outpost from FU, the little printer icon keeps saying "unanchored" and just leaves the building incased in glass
    Edit: well i just tried another large base, but a custom one this time and it gives me the same error.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. Pilchenstein

Could you post a bigger screenshot, so I can see the area you're printing and also upload your starbound.log to pastebin or somesuch so I can check for errors?

7. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

so... i tried to recreate the outpost with the same surrounding area (large flat terrain), on several different planets and moons and im unable to come across the "unanchored" error again.. That was until i decided to dig into the ground a bit to copy the outpost's floor.
    https://pastebin.com/W06wFBbk

Attached Files:

8. Pilchenstein

How big is the building? There are some issues with very large prints that I haven't had time to solve yet, but if it's just a couple of screens across that shouldn't be the problem. Can you recreate the issue with a building that fits on a single screen? I suspect it might be something obstructing the print area and it's showing the wrong error message but I can't recreate the issue at my end. There's definitely something up though.

9. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

The building im trying to print is about 2-3 screens across. Smaller buildings work perfectly fine as you can see in the photo named "Small buildings". The anchored problem only showed up with the outpost and another large building which is about the same size (2-3 screens across). In the photos with the number 1 on them, the outpost was scanned without digging into the ground (so its missing the floor from the outpost) and that print came out just fine. In the photos with the number 2 on them, i dug into the ground to allow me to scan the floor of the outpost, but when i went to print the second outpost, i got the unanchored error.

Attached Files:

10. Pilchenstein

Is the entire building printing and it's just not removing the glass scaffolding afterwards or is part of the building missing? What happens if you try scanning and printing it in chunks rather than all at once? I suspect it might just be a size issue but I'd expect to see an error in the log if that was the case.

11. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

The entire building is printing but the glass casing isn't being removed as well as the building's contents not being placed. I tried to scan the outpost and print it in chunks as you said to and the first chunk was unable to be completed, giving me the same error. (Im doing this on a different planet because for some reason, i lost the bookmark to the moon i was testing all this on)

Attached Files:

12. Pilchenstein

How much taller than the screen is that print? Do you still get the error if you try that area without the floor? At this point it's looking like there might be something about the floor itself that's causing issues but I have no idea how that would work.

13. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

The building isn't really that much taller than the screen and the outpost prints just fine without the floor. I've tried copying the outpost without the dirt around the floor.. thinking that was the problem but i still got the error even without the dirt. Something on the outpost's floor is preventing it from anchoring but I'm not too sure as to what it is.

Edit: So i found out the floor has no walls behind it.. do you think walls are needed as an anchor? The glass casing isn't really placing any walls behind the floor either.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  14. Pilchenstein

Ok, so the ground you're printing it on - does that have background blocks behind it?

15. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

i tried adding walls behind the ground i was printing on and the printer removes them. I've been printing on a large flat surface without any walls behind it.

16. Pilchenstein

So that smaller section you scanned and printed, does it work if you leave the floor out of the scan area? What kind of blocks are in that floor section?

17. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

Yes it prints just fine without the floor, and the floor consists of Plasteel and a block called Lab Tech Panel

18. Pilchenstein

Can you try making a little building out of each block and seeing if they scan/print fine? Block type shouldn't be causing any issues but it's best to rule it out.

19. Acutie

Acutie Orbital Explorer

Okay so i made buildings out of each block just like you suggested and they all printed just fine.

Attached Files:

20. Pilchenstein

For anyone curious, we managed to solve the mystery of The Floor That Wouldn't Print (available from all good bookshops) - turns out that science outpost dungeon has some platforms in the background layer behind the floor, which isn't actually allowed by the engine. :V