1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

I'll look into it.

Edit: I'm guessing there's some kind of shenanigans involved in scanning that? The game doesn't allow me to place anything outside of that energy field, so I can't scan it.

Double edit: if I manually spawn a docking field, place it and scan it, the game throws a "bad allocation" exception, so I'm guessing they're doing something special that shouldn't be tampered with.

That was a one-off it seems - I can spawn and place "dockingfield" and "dockingfieldsmall" items and they'll scan and print fine, so I don't know what problem you're having. Can you post a screenshot of how you're setting up the scan?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact i've put scan market around with the minimum area possible , i'll show you a screen in few sec.

What do you mean by " I'm guessing there's some kind of shenanigans involved in scanning that?" ?

Edit : like that
    [​IMG]

Why i try to get that : cuz we use the UnlockedStation mod and this item isn't in the generated base , and my gf want one x)

Edit 2 : about your double edit , Ok yes maybe , to be honest i don't even know their role in the game , maybe a space mob field for prevent them enter in the base/ship , or only a marker for say "gravity will change after go through".

3. Pilchenstein

And it gives no errors or anything? The console pings and says "scan completed successfully"?

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes everything seem ok , i scan it , i get printers , but when i past it , everything is paste (so in this case the background) except the laser itself.

Edit : Ok infact i can spawn it manually since i know the name , i've a mod with all item in it but i didn't find these laser , but i've try spawn one and i've get a docking field , so in a way my problem is solved.

After if never you want your mod will be able to scan and past it i'm still here if you want some test from me.

Anyways thx you.

5. Pilchenstein

I suspect it might be an issue with the orientation. If I spawn a docking field manually, it's always horizontal so I suspect the printer is trying to place it horizontally and failing.

6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes i've notice that too , i was looking on internet how to rotate item but didnt found (or post from 2013 saying Q and E key) but nothing work.

i'll try something

Edit : ok even like that it don't copy past , maybe this item have strange property , idk , but atleast with /spawnitem command i can get them.
    [​IMG]

7. Pilchenstein

Gahhhh. I see it now lol.

You're not scanning the blocks it's attached to - this is the area you're scanning with that layout:
    [​IMG]
    So it can't place it because there's nothing to attach it to.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  8. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ho , i tthought marker was count inside the corner , not outside xD (too much world edit in minecraft maybe lol , in MC selection square are counted inside) , so problem solved x)

It was that , you're right :
    [​IMG]

9. Pilchenstein

There's an issue currently where the scanner console recipe won't show up due to some last minute changes I made. I've fixed it and 2.0.2 is available on the workshop but I'm holding it back from here because I'm doing fixes on the modules in a box side too and I don't want to push an updated version on here and then have to do the same again once those changes are in.

If the console isn't showing up as craftable for you and you don't want to wait, either switch the the workshop version temporarily or spawn one in admin mode:
    Code:
    /admin
    /spawnitem pilch_basescan_console
    /admin

It'll create one at the mouse cursor, so make sure you're pointing at your character :)

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

indeed i've noticed some recipe arent showed if not in /admin mode in the crafting table.

(it's not a big problem since i'm in build mode i'm in admin).

11. Pilchenstein

When you say "some" do you mean more than just the console? Cause a list would be handy if that's the case. :V

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

No it's ok now , admin and no-admin mode have the same list ^^

Btw , i've see you add old human and apex mech , why you didn't add the old glitch one ? :wtf:

Btw² and about tu old arcade game with labyrinth , still in game file or not at all ? if yes can you add it too please ?

13. Pilchenstein

I didn't realise there was an old glitch mech in the game or that Mazebound had been taken out. I could clone a copy of Mazebound that doesn't award a ticket, that wouldn't take much effort.

14. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes at the begining we had Human mech , Apex mech and Glitch mech (i can prvide a picture if needed) , also yes it would be cool if you can for the Mazebound ^^

Edit : [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  15. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

16. Pilchenstein

There is, yes.

17. Pilchenstein

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  18. Proxeh

Proxeh Void-Bound Voyager

I cant seem to get the scanner extenders to work, is there a specific way of doing it, or perhaps you have a tutorial on how to use them?

19. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

20. Pilchenstein

I'm working on a tutorial video right now, hopefully have it up either today or tomorrow.

Shadox2.0 likes this.