1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. MasterChaos

MasterChaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: INSULTS. Expires: 24 Hours.
    Pot meet kettle. You can't acknowledge anything you're doing wrong. Even though you've bluntly resorted to fallacies and insults even though meanwhile I've been flawlessly rational and I haven't insulted you at all. Which actually I sorta have admitted to my mistake, just because it's not explicitly stated outright doesn't mean I didn't. There's a saying that says "You shouldn't listen to what a person says, but rather what they don't say." Because it's on the border between the 2 that you truly understand what they are saying. That you know the full implications.

Most people are mindless drones, so not even they truly grasp the full ramifications of their words and ideologies.

But in my case here. My acknowledgement was a given by how I responded. Not that you really deserve it when you're clearly the bigger douche here but whatever. No in fact, if I wanted to disrespect you. I would straight up tell you that I can tell you're one of those mindless drones I just mentioned. That my intellect actually far surpasses yours. You're just a retarded nobody who isn't really going to be worth much at all. Whoops, there it goes. Slipping out. I was trying to be respectful because I was intending to use something you worked hard on. But since you want to be Shitlord McGee I'm just going to OUTRIGHT disrespect you while using your mod. I mean after all, unless you want to halt production because of me, you'll keep updating it and I'll keep being able to download and install it. Even if you stopped uploading it here. I can just update it for myself if I have to since I don't want to be a hypocrite and go back on my integrity about the workshop now. Shrug.

Pilchenstein is the dumbest fucking name I've ever heard btw. Adios amigo.

2. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Salty.

Feel free to use the mod as much as you like though, there's nothing in the nonexistant terms and conditions to say users have to respect me, no matter how dim a bulb they are.

3. MasterChaos

MasterChaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Salty of course, because of your doucheyness. Also the only dim bulb here is you. But seriously now we could keep on with this forever back and fourth. So just shhhhhh.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

He said he made a mistake and you just could just not let it go.
    Instead of realizing humans make mistakes - @Pilchenstein owned up to it and admitted it like an adult, while you decided the best course of action is to have a tantrum.

With that said your posting privileges in this thread have been removed.
    Repeat this kind of behavior again and it will not be a single thread next time.

SivCorp and Pilchenstein like this.
  5. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Hey! Just wanted to stop in and say I absolutely love this mod! I've been using it since the Koala days and it is still simply one of the single most useful mods I've ever played Starbound with. Thanks a lot!

I did have a couple suggestions if you're willing to hear me out:
    In addition to the area clearer, cutter (forget it's name rn, sorry :p), and duplicator, I think two things would be great to add.
    One, an area loader. This would work the same way as the other machines except it would just keep an area loaded by Starbound (as long as the player was on the world, due to limitations with the game :( ).
    The other would be a block replacer, how this would work is you would select an area and wire to the reciever, then when you opened it's GUI, you would have a selection of the current blocks in the area you could replace, and then be able to choose which blocks to replace them with. A good reference for this is the digital miner in Mekanism for Minecraft, it can do this very thing-- replace blocks with another kind of block.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and thanks for all the great work on this mod!

6. Pilchenstein

The area loader is something that could conceivably happen, since I've been meaning to make the scanners keep their target area loaded for ages now but I don't really have much time to work on the mod at all these days, so it's a "maybe someday". Same goes for doing custom gui work - it'd be really neat to have that for all the scanners to let you set how many duplicators you wanted, rename the printers etc but it's not something I have time to do. Maybe eventually though.

7. noobymaniac

noobymaniac Orbital Explorer

Are the base-in-a-box tools supposed to be consumed? Some reason I'm getting the item back after deploying the base.

8. Pilchenstein

They're probably failing to fully print - some of the stuff that was in them has since been renamed/removed from the game. I really need to redo them all from scratch for 1.0 to be honest.

9. noobymaniac

noobymaniac Orbital Explorer

Ah ok makes sense. Still, a freaking amazing mod you got here!

10. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Just a quick question, how come when using the area clearer, ores don't drop? With my UniGen mod I discovered that the area clearer is the most effective tool for mining in zero-g asteroid fields- except it won't drop the ores! Is there some blacklist of things in one of the lua files I can remove to make it drop ores? Thanks again!

11. Pilchenstein

Doh, I completely forgot that ores are block modifiers rather than blocks themselves. I'll get on it when I have a moment.

12. Pilchenstein

13. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

This is absolutely great and ingenious, and really convenient. I guess it's a bit cheaty since you get free blocks instead of having to gather stuff, but eh. Great for building extra floors or rooms if you have a clear pattern for your layout. Or just copy that house you loved the look of. (Besides, blocks aren't that difficult to find/make anyway.) I'll make good use of this when I build my underwater base.

Three things I noted while experimenting, though:
    1) If I put down a pre-manufactured box with a name (such as the kitchen), then remove it before letting it build, I get two boxes back - one is the pre-manufactured one, one is an unnamed generic one that produces an identical construction. Intentional?
    2) When I deploy a pre-manufactured box, it pops back into my inventory and can be used again, so crafting one will let me make an infinite number of rooms. Unnamed ones disappear after use. Uncertain which is correct.
    3) When scanning-and-copying, I get 1000 boxes. Seems a bit much...

Anyway, keep up the good work! Also, are you considering a way to name boxes? It would make it much easier to keep track.

14. Pilchenstein

The prefab rooms are pretty much broken at this point - you're getting the printer back again because it's trying and failing to print objects that no longer exist. I really need to go back and update them all, they've not been touched since early in the beta, I just haven't had the time.

As for the 1000 printers thing when copying, it was just easier to give more than you'd ever need than try and answer the question "what amount of printers is the right amount?". Everyone gets a thousand and they can just throw away the ones they don't want. :V

15. Mooncalf99

Intentional, gotcha. Good, good.

16. Mooncalf99

Bug warning: If your scanning area contains a box, scanning it will empty it of all contents. Even if you're not breaking it down.

17. Pilchenstein

Cheers, I'll look into it.

18. Mooncalf99

It may interest you that when I deployed the scanned building on another planet, the containers inside had the aforementioned "lost" contents.

19. Pilchenstein

Ok, so to be clear, the issue is that if you use the building duplicator, it removes the original contents of containers instead of just copying them. The scanner and clearer are still printing/dropping container contents as appropriate, yeah? That's just a straight up oversight on my part, whoops. :V

20. Pilchenstein

Ok, I've fixed that issue with container contents but I'm working on what's turned into a pretty big update so it'll be a little while before I push anything.

So far I've moved the science station's crafting UI over to the new tabbed version, added an area consumer (like the clearer but doesn't drop stuff), updated and fixed the prefab buildings (and added new types), made the horizontal door from the prefabs craftable, added Novakid descriptions to the few items that needed them, fixed objects forgetting which way they were facing after a print, made the prefab printers remember their name + description if you place them and then pick them back up and made objects that are upgradeable (like the anvil) remember their upgrade level after a print.

I'm currently working on making the scanner copy liquids and I want to try a couple of other things, so the update is probably coming some time next week. :)

I'm going to trawl through this thread and the steam workshop page for any outstanding feature requests that I might be able to add but if anyone wants to point out their favourite suggestions or add any new ones, now would be the time.