1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I used to do tech support for a living, and I still don't understand why so many people go so far out of the way to be as non-descriptive as possible when they're having problems but they still want you to fix it without having any actual information to work from. They seem to just sort of assume the person on the other end is all knowing so they shouldn't have to provide details... or something.

Pilchenstein likes this.
  2. ravayen

ravayen Big Damn Hero

i know this is outdated for the current nightly (nearly 1.0) build but i've got this appearing in game all items present with a small problem and its the problem thats bugging me really.....once placed there are no wiring nodes on the scanner or the target box thing for me to connect, does anyone no exactly what needs to be changed in order to get them back ? ive searched for guides on making objects ect on the forum of which there are tons but havent found one that teaches you specifically about wiring connections, any help would be appreciated. before anyone asks the obvious YES i have pressed T lol :p

3. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Are there any errors in your starbound.log file?

4. ravayen

ravayen Big Damn Hero

sorry that should have been the 1st thing i added to my question.

Attached Files:

5. Pilchenstein

6. ravayen

ravayen Big Damn Hero

thnx for the reply, downloaded that file and now i have a wiring node on the reciever but still no node on the duplicater or the other console thus unable to connect them and start scanning :(
    here is the new log

Attached Files:

7. Pilchenstein

Go into the "modules-in-a-box\objects\basestorage\miab_basestore_scanner" folder and edit the file: "miab_basestore_scanner.lua". Find this (at line 168):
    Code:
    function onNodeConnectionChange(args)
       object.setInteractive(not object.isInputNodeConnected(0))
       if (object.isInputNodeConnected(0)) then
         onInputNodeChange({ level = object.getInputNodeLevel(0) })
       end
    end

and delete lines so that it looks like this:
    Code:
    function onNodeConnectionChange(args)
    end

That might work, at the expense of being able to trigger the scanner via wire (a feature that I don't think anyone actually uses anyway).

8. ravayen

ravayen Big Damn Hero

deleted the lines but it had no effect sorry still no node on either console thats the scanner, duplicator and area clearer all 3 have no connectors :(

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  9. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Check the .object files. I expect you'll need to change all the instances of "inboundNodes" and "outboundNodes" to "inputNodes" and "outboundNodes"

Pilchenstein likes this.
  10. Pilchenstein

There you go then. Now that unstable is essentially 1.0, I'll be putting together a working version ready for the 22nd but I'd still advise staying away from nightly.

Thundercraft likes this.
  11. ravayen

ravayen Big Damn Hero

@Storm_UK
    Life saver that worked thank you both for your help was just a language change between versions......seriously why did they bother changing something like tht in the 1st place lol.........right im off to copy paste all sorts of villages/buildings to my homeworld happy starbounding guys.

12. Pilchenstein

Ok, I'm going to get the 1.0 version working tomorrow, stick it on here and the workshop at 6 and then disappear to play the game.

13. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein updated Base In A Box with a new update entry:

Release version!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Post updated ---
    And we're live! Workshop version is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729460427 (remember to download the miab mod too when it prompts you).

14. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein updated Base In A Box with a new update entry:

Minor things

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hum , so as i've see in the video your mod allow us to copy/past a dungeon for example ?

Sound interesting x)

16. Pilchenstein

As long as there's no shield protecting it, yeah, you can copy paste a dungeon. :)

17. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ah , nice news , it may help for my glitch planet x)

i'll try that soon ^^

Edit : it work but i can't copy past a glitch dg because the wire "break" after moving too far , so we are limited by the size , anyways it help me already for something else , its like a world edit ^^

(ofc its still possible to move a dg with multiple part , but IMO it'll be better if the max range of wire was bigger).

Anyways it helped me for replace a fail background (before fix i've place big brick in wall instead of little) on that :
    [​IMG]

it's a tunnel all around the planet under lava x)

Also a suggestion , can you try make a version where the replaced block dont drop ? (for example when i've replace my tunnel i was forced to take back every destroyed block after a copy , because i doubt they despawn , and when you spam a replacement its become laggy x) , maybe as an addon ?

Edit : anyways it work well (some thing are switch but it's ok)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  18. Pilchenstein

Stuff facing different directions after printing is a known issue. As for wire range, you can string a bunch of objects together to get around the limit:

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  19. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

:eek: so i can use anything (with atleast 1 red/bue dot) for extend the scan ?

i'll try with a biometric hand scanner (recipe in the mod too) it'll work like that imo.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  20. Pilchenstein

Yeah, anything that has at least one input and one output should work.