WIP Barfy's Fancy Farmhouses (and other addons) UPDATE: Links are back up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by barfyscorpion, Apr 8, 2016.

1. barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

Try this, please: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2435646/stardew valley mods/experimental/furniture.xnb

I unpacked and repacked the .PNG and .yaml into an .xnb, place it in the TileSheets folder replacing the original (backup the original). This is the most I can do for you, if this doesn't work I have no idea what is causing your game to fail to load. There's only two files packed into an .xnb for furniture and neither are corrupt-- ran it in a brand-new SDV install on a different computer and it works. Good luck.

• pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

Still doesn't work. :\ This is the error it shows: http://oi68.tinypic.com/jadw0h.jpg
      Sorry, I'm a noob, have no idea what it means. I'm pretty sure my game is updated and I tried installing that Microsoft Framework thingy, in case it was missing, but still getting the error.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
      • barfyscorpion

Not sure if I can help you there, it's beyond my knowledge. Sorry!

• pinkjellybeans

pinkjellybeans Void-Bound Voyager

It's ok, I know what I did wrong now. Replaced the file on Data instead of the correct one in TileSheets without even noticing. Not sure if it's the same problem @Thecheesepolice is having though.

Btw, I noticed back in April you posted some pictures of a kitchen and bed recolors. They are gorgeous. Are you still thinking about releasing them in the future?

• Thecheesepolice

Thecheesepolice Orbital Explorer

Hey so it still didn't work for me. However, I found your mod on a different website. I don't usually condone downloading those, but I wanted to check if maybe that one would work. It actually did. I did the same thing I did with your download, but it didn't give me any error text and I see it all just fine in game. I'm actually not at all sure what's different between the two or why it didn't work before. It's really odd. I just wanted to let you know of this. Not only because it worked but also because I'm pretty sure they stole it because they've stolen other mods.

• barfyscorpion

Odd, can you upload the file here so I can take a look inside of it to see what may be different from my current release?

Glad to know you managed to get this fixed in your game!

I'm probably going to redo the kitchen and bed at some point and release it, but right now there seems to be some confusion as to which files to replace to see the changes as of 1.1, I don't know what's changed with it, it's just being odd. So ideally I'd like to, but I'll have to play with it first.

• Thecheesepolice

barfyscorpion likes this.
              • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@barfyscorpion As far as I can tell, your furniture update works just fine. User-error, I'd imagine.
                Image 001 2016 10 20.png

• Thecheesepolice

Or maybe a conflict in mods. I'm using many xnb mods, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod thatconflict ed for whatever reason. I don't code, so I wouldn't know . All I know is that I was using a different furniture mod which worked fine.

• barfyscorpion

Cute house! Mod's working fine in 5 confirmed games, I'm not really sure what'd be the issue as I'm not really all that experienced with how this game works.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Why? Just why? Don't post cute pics and then never make it happen, Barfy! And yes, I am still waiting on these. xD

• barfyscorpion

I hear ya! I'm gonna redo them once I have the time. They're next on my list because I will be expanding my little shack into the second tier soon.

• panisping

panisping Big Damn Hero

Thanks for blue buildings. It's very cute.
                          If one day, you want to re another color..

Green should be your choice. :notworthy:

Ps. Sr for my bad English.

• barfyscorpion

Your English is OK! :DD

I am worried about green blending in too much with the grass, however. I am glad you can use the blue!

panisping likes this.
                            • mokoyoko

mokoyoko Void-Bound Voyager

I used some of your flowers/textures/lovely creations to add on to my personal ever-changing house edit. I wanted to post a huge thank you!!!! I'm no artist, but your edits helped me create something I really enjoy :love:

(p.s. all credit to the creators of the houses/deco/etc., I've honestly created nothing, just a huge blend of lovely work!)
                              [​IMG]

petaldancing, IronZelly, Dozy and 4 others like this.
                              • barfyscorpion

That's very cute! I love it :DD

mokoyoko likes this.
                                • dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

cant wait for moreee :lickitung:

• redicredips

redicredips Void-Bound Voyager

This is all cute but HNNGH I need that kitchen.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, kitchen or riot! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

joyous.ariella, mio36 and eemie like this.
                                      • joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

These are absolutely gorgeous <3 I'm currently working on a purple overhaul of some furniture (because purple is my favorite color), would it be ok with you if I edited your beautiful furniture to be purple and uploaded it on nexus? I would of course credit you and link back to this thread
                                        I'm an idiot and didn't read the "permissions" part of the OP lol. I'll send ya a PM when it's done! :3

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016