Modding Discussion Bachelor Gunther Mod! (Need Artists and Fellow Modders)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Gwenhwyfar, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

I know what to do! Alright, so after the coordinates, there should be a third number. Thats the direction they face! It goes: 0 is facing 'up'; 1 is facing right; 2 is facing 'down'; and 3 is left.

Another thing, I just thought you'd like to know that the portraits are not compiled correctly! They should be positioned:

Neutral | Happy
    Sad | Free Space
    Love | Angry

Gwenhwyfar likes this.
    • Gwenhwyfar

Gwenhwyfar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks a lot, Mr.Mudkipss! :)

I'm embarrassed for making another thread on this problem, but I didn't think anyone was viewing this thread anymore, haha. :) Thank you.

• Gwenhwyfar

Hi want to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten about this mod or abandoned it. I'm just sort of on a bit of a hiatus while I try to find a job with decent pay....

;w; I really suck at job interviews and getting my foot in the door, haha!

emoninjagrl likes this.
        • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, I know this post is quite old, but I still wanted to ask whether you are still working on making Gunther a marriage candidate? I just love this character so much and would be thrilled to be able to have my farmer marry him....

• Gwenhwyfar

Hi lilly!

I never gave up on making this mod for Gunther! I simply got really busy on finding a good job... (That is still a work in progress).

Seeing how slow my progress is on the job hunt, I will semi-return to continue the progress on the character. :) I'm glad to see there's someone else that enjoys Gunther's character, even though he's a very minor character.

How do you feel with me presenting him as an archaeologist with a southern charm?

Jokerine and lilly_ampleton like this.
            • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
              It is great to hear from you! I am so happy that you are still working on Gunther.:mwahaha: I just love that character so much<3. Especially the way you presented him. I love me some southern charm. Also his fascination with German beer traditions. I am from Germany and even though I personally do not like beer, I know what Gunther is talking about:iswydt:. I like the 8 heart event. It is absolutely not weird. I also wondered about his gloved hands.:idea: The only thing I' d suggest ist not having him be too shy. I know he probably is a true gentleman, but I really like older guys who know what they want, so I' d say there should be a kiss. :laugh::lickitung::oops:Anyways if you need any ideas or suggestions I'll gladly help. All in all I am very interested in the Gunther you portrayed here. I also picture him as an archeologist first and foremost.
              I wish you all the best in finding a good job.:up: I am close to finishing university so job hunting will be on my plate soon, too. And I am not looking forward to that.:wot:

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is so fantastic, thank you for starting this up! I don't plan on marrying him, but I would love to have him do more than stand behind the counter all day. He's so boring in that way. So, good luck, and please keep this up! Gotta love a southern gentleman! :)

• Gwenhwyfar

Thank you! :) I can't help but see Gunther as a southern gentleman, with the way he tips his hat.

As for his fascination with German beer tradition, I imagine Gunther being a man interested in many cultures, especially since he's an archaeologist. I believe archaeologists should know about many cultures in order be more effective in uncovering the past of forgotten cultures. At the time I wrote the 4 heart event, I somehow got to reading about German beer traditions and that what helped inspired me to in a way of showing Gunther's worldly knowledge, while also showing his appreciation for a good drink.

I wrote Gunther to be slightly shy because that's what I got from what was already established for his character from the few events we do have with him. But rather than him being just shy, it's more like he's just overly polite with those he hardly knows, oozing his southern charm, until you get more familiar with him and he feels he doesn't have to be so formal with someone he knows. There's a sort of quiet restraint with the way I picture Gunther.

As for the 8 heart scene, I'm glad you liked it, but unfortunately, I think I have to change it. You've been out-voted on its weirdness. :p My boyfriend was afraid to keep reading, saying he was really weirded out by this scene, saying that the character seems creepy for feeling up his hand. Apparently, I've been watching too much anime, haha. Cankersaurus also found the scene extremely weird. In spirit of what I wanted to show with this scene, I'll instead create a small cutscene with the kids in town wondering what Gunther is hiding underneath his gloves, only to be disappointed in finding out they're normal hands and he only wears them to be delicate with his artifacts.

I don't think I'll be showing a kiss, except for the wedding. I think I'll be showing a loving embrace in the final heart event. I'm trying to keep in spirit of the light-heartedness of romances in this game.

Thanks a lot! :) I was wondering what a German would think of the 4 heart event. Do you still live in Germany?

I'll be working on this mod when I can!

:) I'm planning to add more, minor events with Gunther after I establish the romance with him, so hopefully, that'll give you a bit more depth to his character if you're not aiming to woo him. I'm thinking of later creating a rival heart event, which I'm thinking of having it triggered off if you're married to someone else or you're raising up the hearts for both Sandy and Gunther at the same time (I see Sandy being a potential love interest for Gunther). Perhaps, instead, the rival heart events could trigger off if you answer poorly in Gunther's heart events.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
                    IronZelly and Acerbicon like this.
                  • Oxyligen

Oxyligen Tentacle Wrangler

Looks interesting. Anything released of this mod?

• Gwenhwyfar

Hey Oxyligen...

No... Nothing has been released of this mod...

There are the sprites and everything that's official, thanks to a generous contributor, but other than that, no.

I have to pretty much do all the coding from scratch again, it seems, since there were some major changes that my mod doesn't even work on the basic level.

I've been wanting to work on this mod, but so many things come up in my life. :( Perhaps I should schedule a set day to work on it.

Edit:

I've been working on getting the modified locations to work for the game again. I'll have to wait to see why they're not working, since I'm using Entoarox's ALL mod; hopefully, I'm doing something wrong and Ent can point it out.

In the meanwhile, I'll update the writing for the heart events I had planned... Some of them need SERIOUS updates...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
                      • Gwenhwyfar

Update:

Got the custom locations for the Gunther mod up and working again! Now I need to fix the action tile for interacting with Gunther to turn in fossils. After that, I'll be adding back in his schedule, sprites, dialogue, and gift preferences.

Acerbicon and Digus like this.
                        • bsh2013

bsh2013 Space Spelunker

I've been watching this mod since last year I'm so excited it is getting worked on again!

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

How are you doing this? I'm not well versed at all in the language needed for SMAPI, but if you're doing XNB modding, I'd be happy to help!

• 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

This is definitely interesting, I've been thinking poor Gunther needs more dialogue and whatnot recently. You can't even befriend the poor guy. Definitely keeping my eye on this.

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love to see this come to be. I had been wishing Gunther was available - so many of the bachelors are too young for me.