1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

AVIANS AND APEX. Why does everyone hate them?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lemony Shtickit, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Lemony Shtickit

Lemony Shtickit Big Damn Hero

Personally, my favorite race is the Avians. I never understood why them (And the Apex) are usually barraged with hate. Also, why are Florans so popular? And the fact that they overuse S's isn't a reason.

2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Well, I don't think the Avians are hated, I've seen a lot of people who like Avians, Apex though... I don't know much about them. I do know they don't get a lot of love.
    Anyways, who is hating on Avians and Apex? I've never seen this. (Unless you're talking about in game, because I haven't actually played Starbound in a while) What are people saying about them that indicates they hate them?
    But... That's one of the reasons I like them though...

3. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I like both. But the hylotl are tastier.

4. There was a racial poll on Steam not too long ago that revealed that many people enjoy Avian :nuruwink:

5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I only play as a Human cuz I am boring like that. And don't really like any of the other races. Just my opinion.

I mainly see people playing as Florans and Novakid's. They seem like the more popular races for some crazy reason. But I agree that Avians and Apex are the least common to see. But ofcourse everyone has their preferences.

Proydoha and Alkanthe like this.
  6. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

In the case of Apex, most people ironically don't like acknowledging their inner ape.

7. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

theres crazy people out there flat out saying they hate them and actively seek them out to destroy them

now replace "crazy people" with "people like me" and by that I mean "me"
    I do have a reason, ill just say its related to the game Spore (Ill say more if someone asks)

Alkanthe likes this.
  8. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

You know, I've heard more people talking about killing Florans, humans, and Hylotl than Avians and Apex.

Also, what could have possibly happened in Spore that could make you hate them?

9. Lemony Shtickit

Lemony Shtickit Big Damn Hero

Do please tell.

10. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Avians aren't hated. Lots of people play Avian.
    Apex are generally disliked because they are boring, simple as that.

11. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

during spores space stage there are several archtypes of people you can encounter, the "zealot" was one of them. not just one species, but many many of them
    they were aggressive and were hard to make peace with, and when you did they charged you large amounts of money to maintain that peace
    it was cheaper and more fun to simply destroy every last one of them in the galaxy, that habit has transferred to starbound

12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The Apex and the Avians, the two species I like the most... :I
    Though Avians do seem to be fairly popular. Unlike the Apex, who many people just outright declare the worst race.

But how does this have anything to do with Avians or Apex? >.>

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I just like Floran because it's unique and cool. (Short version)
    I don't hate any race in Starbound. I like them Equally, exept when it comes to Floran.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  14. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

the avians are increadibly zealous (so basically the zealots) and some habits are hard to break
    and I never said anything about the apex, I dont really mind them (the revolutionaries)

15. Skiffer

Skiffer Orbital Explorer

I fail to see why anyone would dislike the avians or the apex. I originally thought that the apex were uninteresting because of how they looked, but once i made an apex (Jeff) I actually quite enjoyed using him. But thats just me. And as for the avians, i don't have one as a character but still, they're bird people. so what? Me personally, Novakid FTW

16. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Title came off a bit strong there, didn't it?

They may be the "least favourite" of the bunch (for Apex at least. I've seen quite a bit of users with an avian as their avatar) but, then again, some people like the smell of rubber cement, the reason being completely beyond me. What are ya gonna do?

People like what they like, for a myriad of reasons. No opinion is invalidated on (un)popularity alone.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  17. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've never heard of people hating Avians or Apex. But I do hate those no good Hylotls using all that water and sparing none for the Florans.

18. Cavenyanson

Cavenyanson Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The Avians and Apex happen to be some of my favourite races in the game. So, the title's leaning towards hyperbole.

20. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

My order of preference is Avians, Floran, Novakid (with Novaskin mod), Hylotl, Glitch, Human, and then Apex. I don't hate any race, with the exception of some mod-added ones, and I fail to see why anyone would hate any race in the game, aside from a lack of development (I.e. lack of species content like villages, unsatisfactory lore, etc.). Hyperbole all around...