1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Excuse me, what?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remember that it is overwritten everytime you boot Starbound, so you should purposefully crash by furniture tab before grabbing the log file.

2. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

3. Logical Lucario

Logical Lucario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was just meaning the pop up crash report.

4. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

It is.
    Except for that table. No offense, but like, it's pretty bad as far as being avali themed goes.

The rest of the update's neat though.

5. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Speaking of newness and all that..... any word on Avali-themed mechs/mech parts?

6. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Planned, but no promises.

7. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and avali drones, are they coming soon?

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

You seem to be forgetting that we've all been 'out of the game' so to speak for quite some time. I'm not even sure how much of the old crew is still interested in working on this.
    I, for one, have no intention of abandoning this project, but alone I only have the willpower to fix bugs as they crop up. It's the other members of the crew that actually make all the new items you've seen come in, and aside from, again, bugfixes, I rely on them entirely to keep people interested in the mod.

You should also remember that while yes, mechs and drones could fit rather well into the avali aesthetic, they also require quite a bit of work and art assets. I can make the code files myself, but that's not enough, unless you want your mechs and drones to be invisible.

Yes, I'd LOVE to see avali drones and mechs make it into the game, but I'm not an artist and I rely on actual sprite artists to make this stuff. I also remind you that these artists, like the rest of the crew (myself included) don't see any cash income from any of this, and even if I were to open up donations, how would I determine how to split it all fairly? That's a can of worms I'd rather leave unopened, so we aren't about to try to open up for donations anytime in the near future.

DinoExplorer2000 and hypergen8 like this.
  9. DinoExplorer2000

if you need sprites, ask the community if someone can help, i believe there is someone that loves this mod that would love to help it grow, they could maybe post their sprites or ideas here or in another thread, and it might help to, and it would also be a win-win situation.

COMMUNITY SPRITE ARTISTS: they will be able to create and share their sprites, and might learn new tricks and/or things, and will also be able to help this mod grow, and get better at making sprites.

AVALI TEAM: They will be able to get new ideas, find sprites to use, or sprites they can develop to match the Avali theme. the team might have less work to do if they can find sprites that are half-finished or that might be good, and they might also meet other sprite artists that can join the team later, or to trade knowledge with.

This is my suggestion, please think about it, and today i found an avali village, it was AWESOME! on each side was a bridge over a large hole, and in the middle was tents, towers and stuff, amazing!
    i also have Frackin Universe installed, and sometimes i find frackin universe structures with avali blocks, and i wondered if they were sharing ID, or if some FU structures are made with the avali mod? i think it is very cool.
    And i hope snipers will come soon...

10. LegendXCarisso

My god.

This cat.

THIS. FREAKING. CAT.

[​IMG]

I've put up with this thing for quite awhile now and frankly... I want it gone. I can't access my teleporter because it's RIGHT THERE on the thing preventing me from clicking it. It gets in the way of your ship chair. It keeps you from accessing ground-based chests. I had to stick my coffee maker on a platform just so I could get my caffeine fix (5 out of 7 Avali say coffee is goooood. Space Folgers anyone?) Any ideas on how to remove this useless pest (preferably without using mods and being forced to destroy my shipworld)?

hypergen8 and Fevix like this.
  11. DinoExplorer2000

12. LegendXCarisso

13. DinoExplorer2000

i think its the easiest way, and you will also be able to get an avali drone pet instead of a cat. i just help with what i know, im sure it another way of removing it, but im not to deep into the source code

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Put your cursor on the teleport and then press E.

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I've had the "interactible NPC is blocking important interactible object" issue several times (mostly with tenants and deeds), and by now I just carry around a staff with the attraction zone special to pull them away. Works like a charm. If you can't find one by looking around a planet, just make a house capable of supporting a merchant tenant on a sufficiently high-tier planet, and remove and replace the deed until the tenant is willing to sell you a staff with that special.

On a side note, I'd be quite willing to do some sprite art if you guys want it.

16. LegendXCarisso

Um.... so the issue here is that while the cat is standing on the teleport? You CAN'T.

So.....

...Yeah.... there's that. Probably should've mentioned that. The cat blocks off access to all interaction with whatever you're trying to look at/highlight. Tossing it on a lower floor does no good as the second you leave and return back to your ship? There it is. For a creature that sits 2x1 blocks high and wide, it's a pain in the ass. I'm about ready to break out the mods at this point (really wish I could've figured out a way to code it out instead) just to eliminate the problem. To be honest though, I don't know why Chucklefish half-ass removed the pet assets. They remove pet bowls and "taking care" of the thing, but they leave the creature in which causes it to be a pest. Same with vanilla races too. I don't really understand why they didn't expand on it, or remove it entirely.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Okay, then go to the 2 Stop Teleshop and buy a teleporter.
    Sure, you shouldn't have to, but it'll do the job all vanilla, if that's your thing.
    Just put it anywhere on your ship.

18. LegendXCarisso

I actually do this in most games... just for aesthetic purposes primarily. Cat still blocks it though despite it being a gigantic object. I can only assume it's because the "ship pet" takes some sort of interactive priority over everything else. With that being said, Imma just resort to modding to remove the pest. It'll feed some space hobo somewhere... possibly.

19. DinoExplorer2000

and get an avali drone pet at the 3D printer. its a recharge terminal for the drone, and if you dont like the looks of the drone, just mine it up.

and i wonder if it is possible to spawn avali structures with commands

20. LegendXCarisso

Yeah. Easiest way to do it is to look in the Avali folder for the .object files IIRC, (IE: /spawnitem flagavali to spawn a flag).