1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

So I think most of you have seen the "laser miner" in the avali mod. Well I doubt that has prepared you for what my current project is.[​IMG]
    A digging and killing machine in one package, currently only mines foreground blocks, working on adding a second script to make laser target background blocks near the mouse, we don't want to attempt to mine away the air am I right? Will probably involve doing a collision check forward starting at the mouse and keep moving the beam forward until it hits something then terminate at that point.

Another issue is the power consumption, considering making power cells and replacement lenses instead of taking the draw from the player's energy meter.

Disclaimer: Integrated beret and protective mask sold separately, not responsible to injury to self or severe structural damage due to poor firing discipline. NOT EFFECTIVE AT CUTTING TREES. Lenses may degrade rapidly based on use and require frequent replacement along with purpose built Deuterium Fluoride lasing charges.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    hypergen8 and Relten like this.
  2. Kitantho

Kitantho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All I can find are avali graves so haven't tested myself (starting to think I'm the only one left!), but from what I've seen in the thread you can have avali crew members but unless your crew is *only* avali their uniforms won't set properly.

3. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Oh, you "scanned the last few pages"? No, you haven't. At best you skimmed them.
    Anyways, yes, you can have crewmembers. But as Kitantho said you need to get an avali-only crew and talk to a tailor to change their uniform to avali clothing.

4. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Uniform won't set properly with ANY avali on the team.
    You can use the tailor to change the uniform to avali clothing but then any non-avali will wear the avali clothing too.

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Now can we please drop this, it's just a sprite nothing has been put into the mod yet so you have no reason to whine about it, as fevix said if you want it to be your own it can be removed.

I am not going to discuss this any more than I already have now.

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Thanks for hostile reply, and yes I skimmed/scanned (same fucking thing in this context), and only saw the thing related to the uniforms.

Lemme clarify: HOW do you get Avali crewmates? I've only seen a few one-house avali camps, and the only crewmates I've been able to get from the base game are ones I had to do long quest chains for first (a few avians from one of their flying wooden ship settlements).

7. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

I know from back prior to 1.0 they were able to spawn as random tenants, do enough quests for colonists and they'll want to join on your crew.

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

That's how you get avali crew as well, keep doing quests until they join your crew.

9. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

If you need to find more Avali specifically then make colony houses with Avali furniture in them, also Quests that have you going somewhere to rescue someone will result in a new person to offer quests.

10. Ulithium_Dragon

I did not realize you'd changed the my bows into .activeitem types (with right click special abilities) until I actually opened the files up and looked for them... If you didn't do that, you wouldn't need to build custom stuff to use the old projectiles I made for them.

Is it not possible to have a bow be a normal .weapon type now, or is this a choice...?

EDIT: Also (VERY IMPORTANT), the non-workshop version (the one you get from this site) lacks a metadata file - without this, any mod that requires avali as a base will automatically not work.
    I'm going to check if my rocket launcher mod is actually working - it could have been just this that was breaking it... =.=

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You only need one bow and 2 arrow projectiles, just make the recipe specify the level.

Also did literally nobody see my earlier post?

12. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

Will we ever get a respawn animation and a species unique pet?
    Also will the hunting rifles get the effect that it used to have which kills resulted in meat?

Plus this is more of an idea, but it be awesome if we could make combat drones at a weapon workbench and deploy them like pets in capture pods.

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

.weapon, .sword, .gun, etc., all have been phased out and no longer work.
    .activeitem is the new thing you have to use.

Also, thanks for pointing that out, I was .gitignoring it. It's fixed now.
    And with that I figure it's enough for an update.

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Fevix updated Avali (Triage) with a new update entry:

Buncha fixes!

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

So this is something I've wondered about for ages now.

I have all of my mods from the workshop now, Avali (Of course), Vespoids, etc etc.

When I get notifications on here (Starbound forums) that "some person just updated x mod" does it automatically update it for the workshop version?

Meaning do I have to do anything like redownloading the mod to get the updates, or does Workshop/Steam do that quietly in the background for me?

Also, thanks for clarifying how to get Avali crew up above. I've been wondering about that, too. (Now I just gotta find a settlement...)

16. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Steam does it automatically, and more efficiently, as it only downloads what actually changes, and nothing else that doesn't.

17. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh sweet, that's highly convenient.

18. Ulithium_Dragon

They removed .grapplehook too - been spending an absurd amount of time trying to fix my broken-ass mod. Laughably what was once the simplest part of it has become the hardest: the climbing axe. Since everything MUST be an .activeitem now, and they removed the Ice Pick that I based my Avali Climbing Axe off of, I'm struggling to figure out how to make a mock grappling hook with no "reel in" that must be "fired" within reach of a block.

I'm almost ready to write it off as a lost cause, simple because it uses projectiles now, and no projectile firing weapon can fire if it's too close to a collision object (I think this is something the game defines at an engine level too, because I can find no references to it in any of the projectile .lua files).

EDIT: Any idea where I can find a reference for the different "physics types"? I can't find any physical files that define them, and I was looking for a list of them. The grappling hook gun uses:
    Code:
    "physics" : "ballisticgrapplehook"

...and:
    Code:
    "physics" : "grapplehook"

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I could help with that perhaps, shouldn't be too hard.

20. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Something like this, maybe?

Personal Log Entry 1422

I got caught in the rain today. Again.

I hate Earth. Blindingly bright, full of less-than-friendly aliens, and hotter than I want to think about, sometimes I wish it would just… blow up or something. I want to go home, I want to run through the snow and drink ammonia straight from the river... just a little longer. Tomorrow I become a full-fledged Protector and gain Protectorate membership for Avalon. The Council will me so proud of me!

On top of that, the United Systems has finally granted passports for my pack to come visit me! They might even make it in time to attend my graduation! Oh, that would be wonderful…

And then I can get off this miserable ball of molten water.​

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Fevix likes this.