1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Everything is working here, AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL! Together with Frackin' Universe and a Star Types mod [and a few cosmetic things] the game looks great and has a ton more stuff to do besides searching endlessly for rarer items. On this second run, i even found the rest of the prehistoric clothes, and now i'm inclined to make a floran and turning it to a prehistoric human named... "Aila". :rofl:

2. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

You are so lucky... I have not found even one, yet. :/

3. Cryostratos

Cryostratos Phantasmal Quasar

Is this mod dead?

4. Dragon_Tom005

It will not die... not yet.

5. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

What kind of question is that?? It is done, working, and only bugfixes and updates to new stable releases for now. New things won't come out easily. I'd say it is on the backburner, since the heavy duty work was done long ago by ryuujin.

6. Cryostratos

The thread is 121 pages long and I didn't even think of bothering to read them. It seemed simpler and more polite to ask. The front page says the mod is dead (works only on obsolete version of Starbound).

I'm glad that the updated version is being prepared though! Good luck.

7. DragonSoulSong

DragonSoulSong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, if you look back one page, there is, in fact, an unofficial (in so far as it was not produced by Ryuujin), but fully functional, update to the mod for the most recent stable version of Starbound. ^.=.^

Yanazake likes this.
  8. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

We seriously should as a moderator to include that post in the first post or something. On the wiki too.

DragonSoulSong likes this.
  9. DragonSoulSong

DragonSoulSong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I concur. Otherwise, it's just going to get buried by posts time and again and people will have to keep re-linking/quoting it, which is extremely inconvenient for everyone involved. ^.=.^"

10. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Considering Ryiujjin comes on the board every day, you really should be asking him.

Dunto likes this.
  11. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

I did just that too. Checked on curiosity and left a post in his profile... Because for some reason i couldn't find a way to note him.

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

We'd have to keep re-asking them to include it any time it gets updated.

The | Suit likes this.
  13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That is why you don't ask to Link Directly to the Download, Instead you Link it to a post in which the person who makes the "Unofficial Update" - can edit.

Or even ask the Author if the person can release their own mod based on it, if the author wants to discontinue development.

Yanazake likes this.
  14. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Also, the mod is being presented as-is, with barely any update in sight. It'll be updated for compatibility and it'll be bug-fixed. Other than that, as of now there is no sign of new content specifically for the mod.

15. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

Right, The only new content is the ships, ai, and items in the ships (techstation, shiplocker, teleporter, ect).

16. OuttaThinAir

OuttaThinAir Big Damn Hero

I wonder... When will the Avali mod go to Upbeat Giraffe? The mod's too popular to be dead, so it does raise the question.

17. Monobrobe

Monobrobe Void-Bound Voyager

It's been updated for Upbeat Giraffe for a while now. Well, it wasn't OFFICIALLY updated. The unofficial update was made by fans. It's still an update, and it's still compatible with Upbeat Giraffe. There's a link on this page of the thread.

18. Cryostratos

Then what is the author of the mod doing? Pushing unofficial patch to official would take him 15 minutes.

19. Dragon_Tom005

Hmmmm... Come to think of it, he could probably take a look at the unofficial mod, check any bugs and stuff, and send it on it's way... Maaaaaaybe add a couple secret things?Or perhaps some stuff not already in the mod? Idk. Good idea, though...

20. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

That depends if anyone can rekindle any interest in Ryu for this mod, which he has frequently stated he has moved on from, as he is still seeking a proper system to allow him to fully realize the Avali how he imagines, which Starbound is lacking.

TL;DR: you can ask him, but don't count on him getting on board, as he did kind of get tired of Starbound

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.