Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

The original avali mod's oven says they breathe methane, and the description of Avalon's atmosphere that Ryuujin wrote lists methane first before the other gasses as the main components of the atmosphere, (( which wouldn't mean anything but )) and those two things were written a while back when speculative biology was probably "still the 'vali shtick" so I'm pretty sure Ryu said methane.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    notanaccount2 likes this.
  2. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Okay. I stand corrected.

Scival likes this.
  3. Sock of Retribution

Sock of Retribution Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah yes, the lore vs. science discrepancies strike again.

On a completely different note, avali freezethrower please? It'd be a more sensible alternative for them to the god-awesome Starbound flamethrower, and it'd help me further the replication of Jiro's arsenal in roleplay. I've also seen discussions on this forum (perhaps earlier in this thread) of such a weapon.

notanaccount2 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's doubtful such a weapon would work as intended. You'd probably just be chucking liquid nitrogen at your targets, and it's easy to protect yourself against that.

DraikNova and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

"So, as you all know, we live on a tiny iceball floating in the cold depths of space. Let's develop advanced weaponry to make the target slightly colder and expect this to defeat our enemies more efficiently than a regular flamethrower."

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  6. Jonathan01013

Jonathan01013 Intergalactic Tourist

Doesssssn't ssssssound edible. Musssst try not to genoccccide entire sssssspeccccies.

GonDragon and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

You're sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssslightly overdoing thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, jussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssso you know.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  8. Jonathan01013

You're not ssssso niccce!!! Floran Dissssslike you. It'ssss very hard not to ssspeak thisssss way.

9. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

There are times I lament the lack of a ratings system on this forum. This is one of those times.

Sock of Retribution likes this.
  10. Jonathan01013

I wissh I could be ssarcastic without sseeming like a jerk.

11. Firebird Zoom

First off, FTFY.

Secondly, while this may not have been your intention, you sounded like a jerk right then.

Thirdly, while people won't mind you writing in a peculiar way as long as you're consistent, only a few people can pull off a hissy Floran. You, unfortunately, are not one of those people.

12. Jonathan01013

Who exactly are you sspeaking to?
    I wass ssaying that whenever I am ssarcasstic, I wissh I didn't ssound like a jerk.

13. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, you got the hiss okay, but not the part where you're meant to speak as a stereopical caveman with no understanding of sentence structure. By the way, you don't sound like a jerk when you're sarcastic. It's just some people believe it's common sense that sarcasm is only used to be a jerk, and also happen to believe that anyone who doesn't bend to their personal definition of common sense is either an alien from Area 51 or some kind of lab experiment gone terribly wrong and way too far.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  14. Firebird Zoom

This is good snark, but we're getting off topic.

15. Exilyth

Exilyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Out of all race mods, avali reboot is the one I'm most interested in.

16. Sock of Retribution

Sock of Retribution Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wh-what? Oh, this place has been poppin' off at least somewhat while I was gone. I was in the deepest, darkest recesses of my study room playing HeXen.

notanaccount2 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  17. HuskyPup

HuskyPup Star Wrangler

Hello, guys! Remember me? Probably not.

Well, I've spent the last few months doing some reasearch (Playing TF2 in unhealthy amounts and going on some awesome road trips) and I finally found a photorealistic way of rendering atmospheres! (Yay?)
    Though, you probably don't care one bit, this shader simulates the numerous scattering variants "accurately"! (Yes, I did say that that was impossible in Blender, but I've proven myself wrong... ...For the better! =D)
    Here is the render (Took about 13 minutes to complete. [Yep, that's the cost of "accurate" light simulation]):
    [​IMG]

Soon enough, I'm gonna post a video of my findings and how the shader works in detail, for the few who REALLY want to know.
    (It might not look like it, but I swear, this is how it should look like. I also used an old version of Avalon, the one with meh Topology.)

glassdragon, Scival and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, I just finished building this.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone else doing anything interesting?

Firebird Zoom and DraikNova like this.
  19. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Pretty.
    Is that a composite image, or did you find a way to get a workable ship on a planet?

20. HuskyPup

HuskyPup Star Wrangler

Thanks!

'Bout to ask the same.