Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

I have a feeling its not a simple question, so to speak, it completely depends, some humans like having their loved ones do these huge grand things to show their affection, expensive dates and fireworks, others preferr something simple and calm, like a coffe date, others preferr to have love be found progressively, get closer and closer to a friend, untill oops, were now kissing.
    But, most of our ways of finding people do center around dating, Avali most likely have some kind of aspect that is common through out their culture, singing would be one of many potential answers.
    And they could very well have an incredibly sophisticated date AI basically, just like we have match up sites they might have too, with incredibly greater accuracy, which could cause a lot of people to opt for it.

But, end point is, its most likely completely dependent on who it is. Up to personal taste, for the most part.

2. Runa Rosarry

Runa Rosarry Void-Bound Voyager

True, though that kind of thing likely exist on lesser known factions of avali. Kind of like an oppressive government is rare, but does still exist. *Cough* North Korea *Cough* though that's not the only example.

And yes, they might have a cultural differences in finding a mate, though due to them being of a completely different planet/moon, it might not even be related to finding someone attractive. In fact, it could very well be so culturally different, that they find partners based on a fact completely non-existent on Earth.

3. TR-219

TR-219 Subatomic Cosmonaut

http://avali.wikia.com/wiki/Biology (See reproduction)

Considering their children aren't even raised by their parents, even within the illuminate, it already sucks. I also could have sworn there was a section stating that there was a system of arranged marriage prior to the Avali's "enlightenment" Not sure about modern day Avali, however.

4. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Haha, that's funny (for real). :avalilol::up:

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  5. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Yeah. The avali social structure is kind of scary in how centralized it is. Corrupt leaders could do a lot of damage, and may in fact be doing a lot of damage.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  6. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

What if the male finds the female a shiny rock? Although, that's how penguins do it (at least, they did that on Earth). Ten bucks that's where humans got it from.

Runa Rosarry and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

I've always imagined that the packmates themselves would fall in love, and inter-pack love starts a tribe.

EDIT: Freaking ninjas answering

Firebird Zoom and Runa Rosarry like this.
  8. Runa Rosarry

Well looking at previous prehistoric animals, they used scent as a way to determine the most fit. Well maybe the avali could do that? Or something sound related, such as a sort of mating song.

9. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Courtship songs wouldn't be too out of the ordinary. Birds sing them often and the sound bias helps support the idea. Dances seem like they'd be normal, that is why males are more colorful after all.

Firebird Zoom and Runa Rosarry like this.
  10. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I don't have anything concrete to back this up, but I feel like avali wouldn't have a very good sense of smell (even compared to us). I don't know if scents dissolve in ammonia the way they dissolve in water, which is necessary for sensing scents. I know very little about liquid ammonia. And hailing from the "desert" regions of their planet, they would originate in a "hot," dry environment. Not great for scents.

What I do know is that ryujjin has thus far waffled over whether avali have nostrils or not. This doesn't preclude smelling, but it's worth noting.

Runa Rosarry likes this.
  11. Runa Rosarry

I'm not sure about scents dissolving in ammonia, but the idea of smell in hot arid regions is based on our atmosphere, so it could be likely that warmer temperatures would be better for smell to avali, if at all.

12. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Dragonclaw likes this.
  13. IFailAtGaming

IFailAtGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

15. RowanEx

StarVali Wars: Return of the Triage?

16. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

there has been no actual mention of ship-to-ship combat
    it sounds like ship boarding would be more plausible

17. RowanEx

Maybe a better way than just to teleport to your friend's ship is to go to your friend's ship?

I can totally see a fleet here.

Oh, speaking of fleets, what's the basic Avali Standard Fleet Formation?

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Androconia

Androconia Void-Bound Voyager

I am excited to see what will come of it, but as nothing has been confirmed I'm hoping for the bare minimal of getting to pilot your ship from planet to planet. Might slow things down a bit, but it could be fun to run around with your friends.

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  19. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Probably something like battle cruisers or just combat ships around the carrier and any other weaker ships. Seems like the most logical formation. At least to me.

And there may not be ship to ship combat, but we should be prepared if there is.

I will make some textures for guns if they're implemented.

20. IFailAtGaming

IFailAtGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know for a fact that they use mostly drones, and have few large ships, my guess is swarm tactics with disposable high speed drones, with small amounts of artillery support, all transported in a massive carrier ship, that carrier being the only ship capable of FTL.

Dragonclaw likes this.