Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

I believe it's actually xenophobia and is not nearly as extreme as it could be. At least I don't remember any open hostility, just extreme distaste. Take the Imperium of Man for instance, that's as xenophobic as it gets.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

That's mainly illuminate policies. If you check the 'Factions' page of the wiki, under the 'Independent Worlds' section, it mentions this:

"The independent worlds are culturally incredibly diverse compared to the Illuminate colonies. Frequently these colonies co-habitate with other species leading to adoption of alien values and customs."

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

That's good. I would hug these adorable floofs, as long as they have some kind of temperature regulator. Hugs are for everyone who's nice. Asra does, however, deserve a hug. From a Bewear.

4. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

As Ryuu said:
    So hugging them should be no problem, without "heat regulators". Just not for too long, thats all.

5. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey guys, I just realized them non-xeno human-liking Avali can live on Earth's coldest places and hang out with humans who likes cold places.

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  6. IFailAtGaming

IFailAtGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Only if they're ok with suffocating, even ignoring that I'm fairly certain they can't breath the same air as us, I'm fairly certain the atmospheric density in those place would be much lower than on Avalon.

7. Dipdoo

All true, but a good filter of should fix those problems.
    I think it's hilarious that -100 and 100 (Fahrenheit) are both very fair temperatures depending on where you are. Alaska can sport those -100s easily with windchill, the poles can do it no windchill needed, and plenty of places can hit the 100s.

8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

I think it's hilarious people still use Fahrenheit.

9. Sock of Retribution

Sock of Retribution Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would probably be the minority in Illuminate society, at least. But hey, you have a humanophilic avali talking to you right now so at least they exist!

10. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

There is, in fact, a permanent facility at the south pole known as The Antarctic Intergovernmental Repository of Humans and Avali Who Ticked Off Their Bosses.

11. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Yes, the TAIRHAWTOTB. Has a short and catchy acronym, too.

12. Iaeyan Elyuex

And the Imperial Measurement System. And I'm American. Base 10 is much easier to figure out than a measurement system based on some guy's foot.
    And yeah, Avali probably would need a modified atmosphere EPP or a facemask of some kind. But if there were Avali in the frozen no man's land that is the Antarctic, I would sneak on board the nearest ship sailing there, despite hating the cold myself.

13. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I'm not sure exactly what's got people saying the Avali are racist or xenophobic, now. Where did that come from?

I think it's hilarious people ever used Celsius.

14. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I think we should all switch to the Kelvin scale, kappa.

Ancev Caine and Firebird Zoom like this.
  15. Dipdoo

I like Rankine the most, zero belongs in the absolute zone.

The Avali's not so nice benefactors' descriptions closely match a human's, which caused a mean grudge. It's not so bad that there's open hostilities and conflict, but the tension is there. They're also pretty exclusive in general, regardless of race, unless I'm misinterpreting something.

16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Does anyone even use Rankine? I guess it is the Fahrenheit to Kelvin's Celsius, but we all know it's a poser.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

That came from Ryuujin. Maybe you've heard of him, y'know, made the species and whatnot.
    Also,

[​IMG]

which is why it's funny.
    But when you say it's funny people used Celsius in the past, when everyone else uses Celsius today, it's kindof a confused sentence.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  18. Dipdoo

I can't quite remember Ryuujin explicitly mentioning raw hostility. I know the wiki says there's a bit of a grudge, but it is some dated information and things could've gotten better or worse.

Fahrenheit works though, as bassackwards as it is, and I like my bigger numbers.

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I do believe the outright racist part might be up for retcon, and the Illuminate is simply isolationist. But once more, for those who don't like that bit of lore, there's the independent worlds.

20. Iaeyan Elyuex

Good. Racism is illegal on my colony planet, and anyone found to be a racist, a Miniknog sympathizer or a Kluex zealot is exiled. (Read: Colony Tag is torn down) I want to eventually implement the Avali mod on my server, depending on how likely game updates are to break it.

Dragonclaw and Dipdoo like this.