Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, I mean... I don't really see why the bacteria would just be like "Hey, hey guys don't touch that dead body, that guy's an alien. Let's go find some other dead thing to decompose! Wheeeee"

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

It wouldn't because bacteria doesn't think. :p It would either try and potentially fail to decompose it, or sense something toxic and actively avoid it.

3. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Because Avalon's biochemistry is different than the other races. Avalonian bacteria may not have the enzymes etc. to digest human tissue.

Firebird Zoom, hypergen8 and Dipdoo like this.
  4. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

avalon, the perfect fridge. extreme cold and lack of decomposing microbial life, for maximum preservation!
    yeah it'll propably be toxic afterwards, but shut up

5. Dipdoo

There's also Pluto, where it's even colder and probably more toxic!

6. xXflamehawkXx

xXflamehawkXx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! Just wondering if we'll get another progress update anytime soon.

Oh, and I'm also curious about what will stay, and what will be removed from the original mod.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    RowanEx and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

Personally hoping I want to see more food options, armor that isn't just invisible inserts, more dynamic craft recipes for weapons

And probably gonna have to learn the lua for it, to make a custom Avali only crafting stations mod

8. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I really, really want to know what the corruption is going on behind the scenes that Ryujjin mentioned...

9. Dipdoo

I'd bet it's something not too different from what history has seen. But there's always those juicy details that really make each case special. Oooh the possibilities.

10. Sock of Retribution

Sock of Retribution Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As for avali voices, it's really hard to properly tell. Of course they'd have natural sounds, which would probably fall somewhere between bird chirps and raptor shrieks/growls.

As already said, language varies, but I like to think the Avalon dialect instilled by the Illuminate has a rather quirky accent to come with it, something like what Rhaomi has already showcased.

Voice pitch would likely not vary from humans almost at all. This is because, while they are smaller, their metabolisms are slower and their jaw likely has more room in it relative to their size, considering they are predators. These qualities would lead to a voice deceivingly deep for their size, thus putting it around the same range as us.

Pembroke, hypergen8 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Pembroke

Pembroke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

actually really interesting too, given the atmosphere they would be inhabiting. I am not sure how THAT would effect overall pitch, as well.

12. Ser-matticus

Im a bit worried for what or where ryujiin has been... is this silence from him just so he has time to work or is there something else to it?

13. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

He's dead, Jim. Actually, I don't know.

hypergen8 likes this.
  14. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

i think a lot of people were expecting atleast some kind of update post before 2017

15. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

The last update post we got was during the time he moved to the US...

16. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

he's been playing warframe unfortunatly, and you know what MMOs did to people

comet1337 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wargrind comes in spurts, a new update gets released, you farm the crap from said update until you either get it or realize that some of it is too ridiculous to ever complete, then you stop for awhile. Then, a few months down the road, another update is released and the cycle goes again.

18. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Replace Wargrind with any MMORPG.

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wargrind is particularly egregious, though. I've found some of the things they added are just so plain ridiculous that you're never gonna finish half of what they added in any reasonable time-frame.

In other MMOs, such as WoW or XIV to name a couple, you can get through the new content in a reasonable amount of time if you weren't already behind (and if you were behind, you at least could make some decent progress to catch up at some point).

With Wargrind, though, they expect you to do something thousands of times before you finally get something and that "something" is usually the same thing you've been doing the whole history of playing the game, albeit with slightly different equipment.

It's not that I hate the game, but yet I find that I can only run, jump, and shoot so much before I get bored of it especially when stuff doesn't want to drop, or the number of (insert points here) that I need to accomplish a goal is so high that I'm never realistically going to meet it.

Then I go "blaaaaah" and just stop logging in for awhile.

20. Ser-matticus

so... hes not working on a mod in a game with some grinding, because hes's playing a game with a lot of grinding... makes sense but a lot of my friends would want to see some modern day avali, hopefully before its my birthday at the end of the month