Modding Discussion Avali 1.0 Reboot Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by RyuujinZERO, Aug 11, 2016.

1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

xD - The border guard refused to believe that a guy I had never met before in person (Even if I'd known him 13 years via the internet), would be willing to just up and house me for 2-3 months and help pay for a ticket over there; they didn't actually, you know... phone him up, even though I had a cover letter from him, because apparently a lot of illegals take a random citizen's name and say 'it's cool, this person knows I'm coming'. So they took away my papers and passport and got questioned by homeland security for half an hour.

As you can see though, they eventually relented once they were satisfied they had enough info; I can't fault them though, it's exactly this kind've intensive screening that we don't have in Europe that I really think we need. And everyone's been very nice so far inside the country

2. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

Border control doesnt trust his accent, also the below

Now that's what I call the 'Murrician hospitality(more reason to NOT migrate to the US)

if you guys wonder how i got these information, as much as i like to say it's a secret, but better to tell partial truth, lets say there was a group chat.

3. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Home of the free, land of the overweight and mentally unstable!
    I can't judge much though, I fall into the 'unstable' category.

I hope your visit goes well Ryujin!

Gratuitous Lurking likes this.
  4. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

See if you can find a Golden Corral restaurant once you're settled. Their slogan is "Best Buffet in the USA" and you know what, it's actually fairly accurate.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. hypergen8

hypergen8 Guest

Sound about right, welcome to my world

6. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

As a Canadian, I apologize for any issues you'll have with our weird southern cousin.
    And as a human being, I hope you get out of there before the election.

7. hypergen8

hypergen8 Guest

ugh the election, people are so idiotic, sometimes i wish i could escape it myself

8. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

Not to sound like a jerk, i do still want the answer on the avali packs taking in pack 'orphans'
    specifically ryuujins opinion on it.

9. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

If you want a different answer, you need to ask something more specific. Avali packs do take in 'orphaned' Avali and form bonds with them, but that without the pack memes and subtle body language learned by lifelong association with packmates, they aren't quite as natural a part of the group. That is the answer to your question, as worded; but the context of how you continue to ask implies that you are seeking some kind of additional information about the subject. If the above answer does not provide the information you seek, then you need to ask in a way that provides further direction to your inquiry.

The desire to get Ryuujin's official response on the matter is understandable, but also consider that it's not fair to him to be expected to personally attend to every question anyone asks. Especially in an instance like this, where the answer is posted in the wiki and has been repeated now by a handful of others.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  10. Ser-matticus

Sorry... it's more focused on if the pack will try to if anything to help the 'orphan' feel welcome? will they just acknowledged them being a part of the pack due to that a loner couldn't survive, or try to treat them like a real packmate.? To what extent will they do this?
    Not meaning to be rude but is this what you mean by specific? you say form bonds but that is still pretty broad even if it is somewhat more specific.

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's probably something that would be handled on a case by case basis. Different tribes might also have policies regarding integration.

J_Mourne likes this.
  12. J_Mourne

To what extent will humans go to make an adopted child feel like part of the family? Generally quite far--but it depends on the family.

It's difficult to make universal statements of behavior when talking about billions of individuals. I'd say the answer is "as far as you want your characters to go."
    I agree.

13. Ser-matticus

hows progressn since getting settled in ryuujin?

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

it has only been a day or two since he settled in.
    just wait.

J_Mourne and Comito like this.
  15. Ser-matticus

tbh didn't even know he had come to america, as such thought he was still working on the mod, I'm not asking for what he's done just how he is getting back into the swing of things since he came to the US

especially since of time zone difference from wherever he was, getting situated, ect

16. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

*sigh* The elections, I don't even live in America and I still wince.

origamania, hypergen8 and RowanEx like this.
  17. J_Mourne

I plan on doing the responsible thing and voting for the lesser evil.

Hail Cthulhu.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  18. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

For some reason I imagine a custom intro mission where a Avali-filled planet (not Avalon, I'm not going hardcore) has some sort of Protectorate embassy and the planet gets destroyed became some Avali cultists summoned the Ruin/Cthulhu/any tentacled planet water.

19. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

A protectorate embassy? Nah. The other races wouldn't be able to stand being on an Avali planet. The cold, the stench. Also, it's already been stated that most of the other races think the Avali are weird.

20. RowanEx

RowanEx Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, that's something new. Or discussed here? Oh well. Wait, most?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016