automatic turrets

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by stakeout, Jun 24, 2013.

1. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

I like this idea, having to rebuild something you already built is not fun. Using sum thing like a repair tool would be much better(wrench or wielder or whatever) sense starbound is more future like I think energy bullets would be perfect. I also hate having that voice in my head (THAT'S NOT enough AMMO then you stockpile it and spend all your hard earned ore(or money) on ammo).

Axe Garian and Maxkottchen like this.
  2. SproutDog

SproutDog Void-Bound Voyager

I also think your idea is good and is likely already being implemented, except the repairing part.

But it doesn't mean you can't have a portable one that takes the place of your pet. If you don't have a pet out, and you have a stationary turret out, it doesn't seem to be OP. Especially if the enemies can outsmart it, like fliers. There can also be a "placement meter", so it takes time to place it, you wouldn't be able to just drop it and pa-pow! Also, if it takes the place of your pet, you will have to bring it back to your ship to repair it if it is destroyed. So you can't just keep dropping it instantly. It can also use your personal energy to fire. I also agree with no ammo. I don't think there is any ammo in the game at all, apart from one time items like bombs.

stakeout and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Ruban Crusade

Ruban Crusade Pangalactic Porcupine

From today's post:
    Sounds like in-game confirmation to me!
    ^_^

Axe Garian and stakeout like this.
  4. stakeout

stakeout Title Not Found

ha, its true cant wait for beta...

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Nilfgaardczyk

Nilfgaardczyk Space Hobo

Can you tell me where can i rise the standing turret damage?
    I think it's in "standingturret.object" file, but i can't find a damage. I've found speed of fire, but not damage.

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

This is a suggestion for the implementation of turrets. Not a discussion of modding the turrets currently in the game.

Ruban Crusade and Axe Garian like this.