1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Automated defenses?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zody, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zody

Zody Weight of the Sky

I'm just wondering if there are any plans for stuff like sentry guns, auto turrets, landmines, sentry drones and so on to help defend planetside installations on dangerous worlds. If such things are going to be in the game, how would you guys like to see them implemented?

2. Rake the Vulpix

Rake the Vulpix Big Damn Hero

Stuff like this would be useful for Protect the NPC quests. I think they should be added in.

3. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Probably as a system where it will allow you to leave your base with a decreased chance of having enemies damage/invade it, but if you are currently in your base and under attack, they would help as well.

4. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

"Okay, time to go exploring!"
    *Comes back an hour later, sees base ravaged and destroyed*
    "le FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

Yes, I think it should be added.

Frabex likes this.
  5. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

Yep automatic laser cannons on a space ship sounds good enough to support.

6. Nodscouter

Nodscouter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sounds pretty reasonable that they'd add automated defenses.
    Is it confirmed by the way that aliens and such would attack your base?

7. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I only want Landmines if I can step on them when I'm not paying attention. What? It's what I do in every other game with Landmines :p

Novate likes this.
  8. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I think it sounds like a solid idea. I mean if we get guns, why cant we tie some string to the trigger and set up a basic trap?

9. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Put this in the suggestions forum, mabie it will be considered by the devs, i think its a good idea personaly.

10. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

If they added these then they should have a game mode that would basically be a tower defense mode, fight off hordes of enemies and maybe even bosses.

11. Asmodheus

Asmodheus Aquatic Astronaut

TD > exploration .Nope they should be home defense.

12. Nate

Nate Aquatic Astronaut

Automated defenses would be cool. I think in order to get the blueprints for them you should have to do quests in which you defend certain areas from a small invasion or something along those lines.

13. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Hmmm, yeah I mentioned something like this in the equipment/weapons megathread. Then stopped as I wondered what the point would be in establishing static defenses when you have more then one planet.

14. Megalaser

Megalaser Aquatic Astronaut

I like this idea alot, especially if your space station/base can get attacked by enemies. Would be awesome :)

15. Xegan Hive

Xegan Hive Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would love this since it would give ancient ruins a better method of killing you then just relying on enemies.

16. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Something like this would be amazing :3

17. Novate

Novate Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds sweet!
    Personally i'd love to see pittraps and trapdoors for defence as well ;p

18. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Just make sure that your defenses can't destroy the base they are supposed to be protecting...

19. Novate

Novate Void-Bound Voyager

I am so going to design a self destroying base now ^^

20. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

At some level there should be. Whether it be by NPC or Mechanical. BUT it should be up the Tech-Tree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.