RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. dcpDarkMatter

dcpDarkMatter Void-Bound Voyager

That was quick! Thanks man!

• mrslowly

mrslowly Void-Bound Voyager

This is really cool. Thanks for making it!

• sidgautama

sidgautama Orbital Explorer

Yes, thank you! It's really an amazing mod.

• Zach Lykos

Zach Lykos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

every now and again a smelting process will increase in time, copper takes 4 hours, iron 120 hours, I'm not sure what the trigger is just random.

Edit: I'm inclined to believe this is actually a "The long night" mods doing, that when I go to sleep at 2am-12am to wake up the same day the game gets confused and sets the timer on furnaces for an increased number based on it's base time. After finding a exploit where you can get tree tappers to produce stuff instantly by waiting several nights on a single day with the same mod, so I guess messing with the night clock messes with timers.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
          • Repta1615

Repta1615 Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild
            Love this mod! I saw on the Nexus page where you said you would like to do a bigger setup in the future using pipes. I didn't read the entire forum posts so sorry if this is already recommended or anything, but I was thinking you could utilize the chest color system to help with that. say you have green chests in multiple locations, and they can be accessed from any other green chest, same with purple etc. just a thought. not even sure if it can be done. I know nothing of modding as far as how to make things work, so just thought I'd put the idea out there.

HopeWasHere likes this.
            • Namea

Namea Void-Bound Voyager

This is so awesome!! I was wondering if there's a way to add custom machines to this system for use?

• Zach Lykos

Zach Lykos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone know if you still get exp for catches on an automate crabbox?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Namea Custom Farming is compatible with Automate.

@Zach Lykos Yep, automated machines give you the same XP and achievements you'd get for using them normally.

• Namea

Namea Void-Bound Voyager

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!
                    I have it set up but it's not working for some reason. Lemme re-read the docs for both mods to see if i'm doing somethin' wrong. (Probably) I've only got the butter churn from New Machines Redux (custom farming) and the globe from Mystical machines (custom farming)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for the suggestion! That approach is possible, but it's probably not something I'll do in Automate (at least by default) since it might cause unexpected behaviour for players who haven't specifically planned for it. I prefer the more explicit approach with the pipe overlay (see mockup here). I could implement coloured-chest connections as an optional feature in a future version, though.

• Namea

Namea Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, well I have it set up and every vanilla machine is working dandy but the custom farming ones aren't working with automate at all.

Flumme likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Namea

Namea Void-Bound Voyager

OMG thank you. I'm a moron. :rofl: Works like a peach now!
                          EDIT: Scratch that. Still not working. Placed the "test machines" in the customcontent folder of custom farming and the cfautomation in the mods folder. The directions weren't listed on the mod description but I ferreted them out from the comments on the nexus page. Chest is placed next to the machine (in the middle of 2 to be precise) and even when I manually load the machines they won't push into the chest.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Namea

Namea Void-Bound Voyager

Will do, thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.7 is now available! Release notes:
                              • Added support for egg incubators and slime incubators.
                              • Fixed machines inside buildings not being automated until you visit the building.
                              • Fixed fruit tree automation never producing better than silver quality.
                              • Fixed machines in a custom location that gets removed not being unloaded.

• ssplam

ssplam Orbital Explorer

I was using farm automation until it stopped working properly, Found your version and so far I like it. I am having one glitch though. The furnace is successful at sending finished product back to the chest, but is not pulling raw materials out. Everything else seems to be working perfect so far. Thanks!

Edit to add: using v1.7 on the SMAPI 1.15.3

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @ssplam. Does the chest have enough coal too?

• ssplam

ssplam Orbital Explorer

Yes, I'm lame. Thanks, that took care of it.

edit: well it didn't, but it does now

• alialbarqi

alialbarqi Void-Bound Voyager

We want a lot of machine work with 1 chest