1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Asus RT-N66U + HP Proliant Micro Server...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Lethal Weapon, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

Hello all.

I'm having trouble setting up running a server through my Asus RT-N66U router.
    I have tried port forwarding 21025 but I still cannot join, even when I run it from my main PC or Surface Pro 2... both plays the game just fine, just cannot join my own server. (I can join a friends ok).

I've managed to install Steam on my HP Proliant server and its running the server I can see... just can't join it.

any advice or help?

2. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

still no luck... been trying all day and can't do it :(

3. Throne

Throne Space Spelunker

Have you tried connecting to it from the same box? Is windows firewall or any other firewall software running at all?

4. kavex

kavex Space Penguin Leader

for testing (do not keep it this way)

Turn off your firewall and DMZ your server and see if it works

5. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

that actually worked, but its so laggy / wont load fast... might be due to running it on a micro server...

I will try on another x2 PC's on there address.. why did I need to DMZ and turn off firewall? firewall might have caused it on the server as its pretty blocked on most.

wanted to be able to run it on there 24/7 and not worry...

6. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

actually now its running much better after I joined with another account on my Surface Pro 2...

but I still cant get my port to forward on my router for someone else to join... and I need to allow it through the firewall on the server. (can't run the game though on this because it comes up with a error)

7. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

I have it running fine on my own network now.
    but when I use what is my ip... and put that into the server to find it its says failed...

I cant connect myself or my friend.

soon as I use my own 192.168 address its fine :(

8. kavex

I'd be more than happy to remote admin with you to take a look at your router settings/firewall if you like

PM me your steam URL if you want to try that

9. Lethal Weapon

Lethal Weapon Space Hobo

would be very kind and helpful if you can look into it with me, I've sent you a PM.

10. kavex

I sent you a friend request on steam