1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Astro = Protectorate?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by rubyoctopus, Jul 4, 2017.

1. rubyoctopus

rubyoctopus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I noticed that the Astro furniture set has a TON of similarities with furniture of the Protectorate. They are both white and orange, and are only found on either peaceful ships or abandoned, locked-down bunkers. Then, examining them gets you this:

Astro Ceiling Monitor
    Apex: There's something familiar about this display configuration...

Astro Chair
    Avian: This chair seems familiar, but no Avian would build with materials like these.

Astro Cabinet
    Human: This reminds me of something. Can't quite put my finger on it.

All of the other races praise the furniture's efficiency and fine engineering. Even humans, who have been complaining about Station and Industrial chairs, praise the Astro ones.

So, is the Astro furniture really just Protectorate furniture, and are the bunkers belonging to the Terrene Protectorate?

2. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

It doesn't seem explicitly related to the Protectorate, but there are some stylistic similarities. If you want to build something Protectorate-related, it's probably your best bet.

3. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

i sincerely doubt it. as one of the few if not THE surviving member of the protectorate the PC would recognize protectorate tech immediately as opposed to "this seems familiar"

Plus, the astro and space hero tenants look nothing like protectorate dudes

Also, you actually do encounter protectorate bunkers in fiery space anomalies, and the style is different

It's probably a reference to weird old sci fi movie

4. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Protectorate is more yellow than orange.

5. steve257988

steve257988 Void-Bound Voyager

You can get Protectorate furniture! here's a tutorial I made:
    Code:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-get-protectorate-furniture-2-ways.135133/

6. rubyoctopus

I didn't mean DIRECTLY protectorate tech, as it looks way different. I mean something built by the Protectorate, probably for civilian use. Also, in the Hotel station, (one of the possible anomalies), there are Protectorate platforms. (I can tell by the inspection text)

7. steve257988

steve257988 Void-Bound Voyager

Protectorate Platforms are unobtainable objects. Were they mineable?

8. PR927

PR927 Space Hobo

I haven't played starbound for like two months now so when I created a new character and saw astro stuff i thought it was protectorate related and i wasnt aware of it because i havent played starbound for quite sometime so im going to assume it is related unless chucklefish says other wise.

9. rubyoctopus

No, but I could tell by the description. No other platform has the Human (Actually the default) description of "A Simple-Looking Platform".