1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Asra Nox is an orphan?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Mar 31, 2017.

1. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Atleast Team Rocket didn't want the genocide of 7 entire races. And were actually successful for most of their crime businesses.

2. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

And still, Nox wants to destroy all alien races, the Ruin meant to be a great tool for it.. however it destroyed the Earth, made human race endangered but Nox still don't see anything wrong with the Ruin, even if it does the opposite of what Nox wants.

But anyway, about Nox. She hated other races because a group of outlast made of aliens from different races destroyed their home and killed family. Well, Esther should see that something is wrong with Nox and she could suspect that Nox feels huge hatred towards other alien races. Looking at the end of Esther's Journal it seems like Nox was almost like a daughter for her. So Esther spent some time with Nox and probably they talked some. Well, Esther had to be terrible at taking care of Nox and it was partially her fault that she let Nox become what she became or Esther wanted Nox to become evil. What is weird is the fact that Esther decided to isolate Nox from others because "Protectorate has become too stressful", so Nox had no contact with alien races anymore and contact with alien races could be the only way to convince her that aliens aren't that bad. Maybe if someone from another race would be close to Nox like Esther was(or even if Esther weren't human) then maybe Nox would realize that not everyone are bad. But anyway, hating entire race because few people from that race did something terrible is just... weak?

But I think that it's pointless to try to understand this because the Nox is just a poorly written character. She was meant to be bad no matter how illogical she was, Esther's Journal and backstory of Nox wasn't mean to be logical, it was just meant to be here so Nox could have any backstory. Trying to understand why Nox is like that from Codex lore just fails because her entire lore shatters to pieces when trying to put any logic in it. It just doesn't make any sense unless Esther wanted Nox to be evil and raised her this way... but then other things fall apart.

3. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

It was the only time I died in my second character run (my favorite), I miss timed an attack and paid for not healing before the fight in the library. So it is both a fluffy and personal vendetta

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Well Asra thought mankind i superior and would survive. But now that mankinds only Home planet is destroyed, why would Asra not continue? The only targets left now are the hated Aliens anyways.