1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Community Ask A Moderator!

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Izzabelle, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Unstable can use mods, yes, but said mods hav to b built for unstable, or they could lose compatibility quickly

JohnsonHealth likes this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

There is also no reason to even use unstable branch at this moment. So not sure why you are.

3. JohnsonHealth

JohnsonHealth Seal Broken

Thank you both, and to answer Agent S. We have to use unstable because for some reason my friends normal StarBound isn't working. So we reverted to Unstable. {{{PS: I had to do this once before.}}}

{{{EDIT}}}
    I will try to help him get it working to by pass this, I really hope it works.

{{{EDIT}}}
    If you have and suggestions please tell. xD

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

To fix normal version of starbound - just rename the storage folder to anything you want and launch.

5. JohnsonHealth

Wooooow, Im such a noob {No-ob: New Player} Thanks for telling me that xD We will fix it as soon as we can. {{{PS: I fell in-love with Fracin' Universe mod, it acts like its supposed to be part of Star Bound. Although I don't like the major buffs and de-buffs.}}}

6. Nexus Of Chaos

if you unpack FU or get a preunpacked version, u can actually mod FU to remove those buffs & debuffs

7. DragonZombie

DragonZombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Game will crash or lockup if something causes those buffs, i've done that before
    Say a gun causes frost, but if you remove the frost and you keep using the gun, it will cause problems

8. Nexus Of Chaos

you can mod the items that use FU effects to use vanilla effects

9. JohnsonHealth

You know, I'd love to do that, but I don't know how to mod. xD So Ill just roll with it. Thanks anyways. :nuruhappy:

It worked! :nuruhappy: Thank you so much! :nuruevil: Time to troll him!

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
    The | Suit likes this.
  10. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I have a couple of questions for y'alls, so I hope senpais notice me ~
    • What motivates you to moderate?
    • If the apocalypse were to hit right now, how would you do considering the items you have in your home?
    • What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    • What's your favorite celestial body?
    • Do you ever get genuinely angry while performing moderation duties? If so, why?
    • What's your general opinion on garlic?
    • If you could visit any country, which one would it be?

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Because I've been a part of the community for a long time, and want to keep it a nice place.

Alright in terms of tools and entertainment. I'd last for a while food-wise, but would probably have to start looting / scavenging / growing pretty soon to be on the safe side.

Don't really have it that often. Used to love rainbow ice cream as a kid, but I tend to lean more towards some variant of chocolate nowadays.

Saturn, maybe. Cool rings.

I try not to get too angry over things, but it's always frustrating when people prove incapable of learning. Slipping up once or twice can be considered accidental; we're only human, after all. But continuing poor behaviour after multiple warnings indicates something's not right. Bonus points for instinctively offloading blame, especially if it involves lying.

Indifferent. If it's in sauce or whatever I don't really care, but it's not something I specifically go for.

Switzerland and Canada are my main choices, but I've been hearing some good things about Sweden as well.

Surenu likes this.
  12. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Anyone have any idea what my title Weight of the Sky is a reference to? I'm baffled

13. Jonesy

This thread isn't really intended for these kinds of inquiries, but a quick Google search shows that there's a book by that name, so I can only assume that's what it is.

14. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Because I love this place. And I like helping any way I can

Not too well.

Chocolate. DuhX3

Answered this in my AMA

Nah. But the same thing as Jonesy really. And lately we have had a injection of stupid. lolol

Keeps vampires away. I like.

Australia. I'd visit to try to live there ngl.

Jonesy and Surenu like this.
  15. Afterscore

I see, I presumed that as a mod had changed it that a mod could explain it.

Googling it and finding the book didn't really help me understand it, if anything it seemed like an attempted jab at me. My location was set as Dubai, UAE as that's where I've been living for the last 10 years, and then I get a title which alludes to nothing but an obscure book about Jews and Israel?

Colour me confused.

16. Jonesy

Titles are based upon your trophy points, not location. Seems to be something you received for receiving a specific amount, so it's probably just coincidence.

17. Afterscore

Oh of course I'm not suggesting they're location based, I'm just aware that it's also possible for people to be assigned specific titles. Yours, for example.

Either way it isn't an issue I was just hoping to get some clarity. Thanks.

18. not an eldritch beast

not an eldritch beast Aquatic Astronaut

this thread might be a bit old but how do I make threads as I've only been active in the forums more often a day ago and in my short time here despite the fact I've already made a forum I cant remember how.

NvM I just looked a bit closer sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  19. absimiliard_the_elder

absimiliard_the_elder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having a problem getting images to work in a post. ( https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/a-wandering-tale.136874/ )

I've tried using the image button, and then pasting in imgur's link, but that didn't work. I've also tried putting it in as a media -- since the forum help mentions imgur in that section. I've even tried manually hacking the link -- which I think ought to be [​IMG] but I found some other formats.

None of that worked.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it?

20. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

We were actually doing some server work this afternoon - that is likely related to this. We're done now - could you try again?

Dragonclaw likes this.