1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Community Ask A Moderator!

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by Izzabelle, Apr 25, 2016.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They were made by the former staff member @Izzabelle - she just liked nuru and did a great job.

2. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Oh. I seem to remember being told that before, but I couldn't confirm it as I couldn't contact her.

3. I still check my profile; if anyone needs to contact me -- write me a message ^^

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. Firebird Zoom

That's the thing, I can't write a message on your profile.

5. Well I meant PM -- but profile should still work? My restored my contact settings -- so it should all still be on the up & up.

6. Firebird Zoom

Don't know if this is the place to ask this, but how would you embed a mp3 or .was file to a conversation?

7. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

Random may have been asked but it's for whomever wants to answer:
    Whats a game series you could live in if you had the choice?

Random but not really serious:
    Wheres my title?X3

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Tempted to say the original Thief trilogy, since it's traditionally been a good balance of dark without hitting you over the head with how dark it is (*cough*Thief 2014*cough*). But seeing as a Victorian-medieval setting doesn't have the best hygiene and healthcare, I'd probably say Mass Effect after the Reapers. Things were mostly pretty good before the Reapers, and it stands to reason that they'd rebuild.

Also, 'Title Not Found' is genuinely your title, since you have 404 trophy points.

9. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

I could see Mass Effect being the better of the 2.
    And I was just being coy about the title question. xD I know of 404 Error.

10. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Probably Pokemon. I don't risk being killed then. Plus I get to see all my cuties IRL instead of through a screen X3

11. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Mass Effect - because being able to explore the universe and meet aliens from other worlds would be amazing.

Arra, Jonesy and Firebird Zoom like this.
  12. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

yokai watch~~ or assassin's creed.
    [does yokai dance]

Merithor and Firebird Zoom like this.
  13. MarcPlayz

MarcPlayz Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I want to know how to spawn custom weapons (using /spawnitem) like how to choose the damage or how to choose the look. Please Help?

14. Jonesy

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I got a question: what's your favorite ocean-dwelling mollusk and why

16. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

We can ask about anything about moderation here, I take it?

> How do you become a moderator?

I would like to help, and I especially would like to become an entirely neutral member here, and to drop previous conflicts and especially: prevent new ones.
    This place is really worth the effort to prevent arguments/hatred and to mend some that may have happened.

The Squid and Firebird Zoom like this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I would have a question if I may. Three, actually:

1: What was your main reason for becoming a moderator, if there's any particular reason. With this, I mean like, did you become a moderator to help people, or to police the forums, or possibly get access to an admin-only chat with all the Cool Kids.

2: How many bans do the moderators have all together and who hold the record? :p
    (Asking this because in my past I adminned a server for another game and the ranking for still running bans was: 3 = ~60, 2 = ~70, 1 = 200+
    AKA who's the fun police

3: Who can make the best cookies/crackers?
    Purely for interest. I have no intentions of stealing them.
    *tries to hide a bag*

The Squid and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Jonesy

Sometimes we hold an internal discussion about who's stood out in the community, and might make for a good moderator. We used to accept applications once users matched a certain criteria, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

By the time I was approached about it, I was more interested in the community than Starbound itself, so I guess I wanted to give something back.

I don't think we track how many bans a single staff member hands out, so without manually investigating on a case-by-case basis there's no easy way of knowing. Especially when at least half of the bans would be spambots and the like.

If I were to hazard a guess, though, the record's likely held by whoever's been here the longest and tends to be the most active. May well be me.

Can't say I'm much of a chef, so I'll not be voting for myself.

The Squid, Firebird Zoom and Parrotte like this.
  19. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Basically Jonesy said that very well.

We don't keep track over who banned who, or who has banned so many people. Plus I haven't been Moderating for as long as the others, so I can't even guess who has

Cookies? I can barely make Toast without it turning badly.

Firebird Zoom and Parrotte like this.
  20. JohnsonHealth

JohnsonHealth Seal Broken

Um, hello. I saw this forums and instantly joined it for this question. {And to get to know some of you guys :] I like friends} Can Unstable use mods? Or am I and my friend doomed? xD

{{{EDIT}}}
    I aslo just found out who Nuru is for the first time and I like the emojis.

{{{I have so much to talk about EDIT}}}
    Thsi is the first time I went threw more then the first mission which is to get your ship working, I kept being facinated by all the other races xD Im a Avian but I would rather be Floran or Hytol due to amazing Barbaric style of the Florans and the Japan style for the Hytol. :nuruhappy:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017