1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ASFR Mod 1.01

Adds two new status effects to the game

1. gliese581cwwdraa

gliese581cwwdraa Void-Bound Voyager

gliese581cwwdraa submitted a new mod:

ASFR Mod - Adds two new status effects to the game

Read more about this mod...

xaliber likes this.
  2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

3. gliese581cwwdraa

Thanks for the comment! I deleted all the unnecessary files from the interface-folder now. As for the patching-stuff, I was very unsure how these are supposed to work right now because the modding guide I used said something about "merging" but then I read somewhere else that this ruins the mod in the newer versions of Starbound, so I just didn't want to touch it.

4. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You might be reading old guide. Some guides are terribly outdated.

"Merging" was an old method to maintain compatibility, the newest method is "patching" (they are different from merging). Patching shouldn't break anything, as it is commonly used in other mods, especially in mods that edits some parts vanilla files. The example of this would be one of my mod, Optional Erchius, which edits the files so that you don't have to do Erchius quest to travel around the planets.

The latest updated guide you should read here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook-2-0.2930/

So don't worry, patching won't make things go bad. :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there a way to test these new status effects?

6. gliese581cwwdraa

There isn't a way to specifically test them anywhere, but as soon as you come across a water/ice-monster (Skimbus, Wisper, Pulpin, Narfin) or the stone-monster Peblit and get hit by them, the status effects should be afflicted automatically.

7. HyperMan19680

Maybe some sort of traps, like a Medusa Laser trap for petrification?

8. gliese581cwwdraa

That sounds really cool, but honestly, with my current knowledge on modding, I don't think I could do something like that...

9. HyperMan19680

How about weapons that can inflict it on enemies? I could see a beam weapon made from Medusa's Head, but the petrification wouldn't work on bosses.

10. Tremendo Dude

Tremendo Dude Pangalactic Porcupine

This is an awesome concept, and I've been having a bit of fun with it, playing on my own or with friends (especially since one of my friends plays as an Avali, which thanks to another mod is immune to cold, making Avalis immune to being frozen). It's a good time.

I have a few suggestions to make it a bit better or more fair if you decide to revisit the mod, though.

- Instead of attacks always freezing and inflicting the petrified/frozen status condition, can you consider making it so there's only a chance of it activating? Maybe make it activate 25% or 30% of the time? It seems a bit too punishing to make a small slip-up in the early game when exploring a snowy region, or taking a misstep underground and getting tapped by a rock dude.
    - To compensate for how strong of a status effect this can be and how punishing it is to get afflicted, can you consider increasing the defense of the player/monster with the affliction? This will make it so the danger of being trapped is somewhat reduced, making it a little less punishing to be trapped but still extremely dangerous. It will also introduce a drawback that will make it so the ability is not as powerful when used to your advantage. At the moment, with this mod, Ice elemental guns and weapons are ridiculously powerful against enemies that can be frozen, and there is little reason to use any other weapon. Combined with the Percentage chance of activation, this would give ice weapons a slight nerf while keeping their unique new effect/attribute, and make other weapons worth considering again.
    - If possible, can you make it so the Frozen status effect will be instantly removed if the player/monster afflicted by it is Burned?

Even if you don't play anymore or don't plan to revisit the mod, I want to thank you for making the game that much more interesting for me and the rest of us. Keep on keeping on.

11. gliese581cwwdraa

Thank you for that detailled feedback and ideas for the future =) I got a bit burned out on the game so I put it away for a while, but I will definitivelly keep your ideas in mind when I go back to it. Glad you still enjoyed the concept and original implementation though!

Tremendo Dude likes this.
  12. IDK300

IDK300 Space Spelunker

I know this was awhile ago but it crashes the game. I can't get in with this mod

13. PremiumPvP

PremiumPvP Space Spelunker

Someone needs to revive this mod or the creator needs to update it because it has become unplayable and crashes when ever you use it.

14. StoneWorm

StoneWorm Space Hobo

seems like it could be fun, hope it gets updated or remastered at some point!