Modding Discussion Artist For hire (Free)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TheCreeperCyborg, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Artistic. Greetings, I am TheCreeperCyborg, I am an experienced pixel artist who has mastered Starbound's pixel style and would like to create a mod (or do art for a coder's mod for that matter) I am open to a discussion. If interested please reply to this thread or Email me at vrablicclan@gmail.com and title the email: Modder Submission. (so I don't mistake it for junk mail :/)

jonathonspy and Relten like this.
  2. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Hi TheCreeperCyborg,

I've been looking for someone who would assist me in the pixel art department of my mod. Would you be willing to assist me?

3. TheCreeperCyborg

Intrigued. it would depend, what is the mod about?

I'd be willing to assist you, when do i start?

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  4. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

It's a race mod mainly: (http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/drozolians.2736/)

I'm just in need of assistance with furniture and weapons (Well...the ship as well, But that's not exactly easy).
    When ever you want I suppose, how comfortable are you with creating 1950s furniture and rayguns for starbound?

5. TheCreeperCyborg

furniture is furniture to me so, avarage but i do specify in raygus, i'll take a look, just send me blank pngs of the size you want the furniture/items and tell me what you want it to be, if you cannot do it that way then give me a bit of time -cause i'm currently working on some art for another mod

ok i looked the mod over, im thinking... crystal-based almost fallout esc. weapons and furniture, Ill get right to work on ideas

im thinking... a bit like the geometric furniture

Relten likes this.
  6. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

You mean like googie or mid-century modern? Yeah, that would work pretty well.

7. TheCreeperCyborg

Relten likes this.
  8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I know you are busy helping Relten but if you have time, I need some help refining this crystal flashlight image:

[​IMG] (sprited by me, but I'm an amateur spriter)

I also need a blank template of this ship warp image:

[​IMG]

And I am also interested in how you would sprite sets of pickaxes, shovels and axes in a way that is slightly different for each tier (stone, iron, steel, etc.). No copper, silver, gold, etc., though diamond-tipped tools are okay.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Relten likes this.
  9. TheCreeperCyborg

i can do picks and drills, but i need to know what you mean by "refine" and i also need you to explain what you mean about a blank template of the ship warp image

Relten likes this.
  10. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Sweet.

Make it look more like the Starbound art style, and overall better when it comes to the dithering and such.

Remove the white ship image and its immediate outlines. Fill in the blank area underneath with what you think would be there normally.

Relten likes this.
  11. TheCreeperCyborg

eh, i don't really know how to do the last part, sorry

also, there's nothing wrong with you're flashlight man

12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Say @Mackinz, Are you still in need of help with pixel art...Or did you manage to get things taken care of?

(Yeah, I know I am reviving a long dead thread...)

13. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Locking this because the OP is banned.

If you wish to contact each other, its best to send a PM

Relten likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.