Modding Discussion Are immersion mods impossible to make right now or just not wanted

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Rye, Dec 12, 2013.

?

Would you guy's want Immersion mods?

1. Yeah

100.0%
  2. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rye

Rye Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm completely illiterate with coding sadly, mainly i'm just scared of failure, which i know people would say to stop that but if it was that easy i'd be trying right now aha- either way this isn't the point of this post

My question right now is relating to Immersion and casual play for the builders, roleplayers and just overall people who enjoy getting really into the game instead of progressing at breakneck speeds (I have friends who are still on the first tier because they're taking their time and building a lot)

Is it possible? if so, to what extent?- now, when i say Immersion i mean such thing's that you'd find in a skyrim or Minecraft modding community that doesn't include much content in the way people would normally think, but more things like livestock, additional crops and recipes and gathering from said livestock.

Since i visited a glitch village and saw the barn that held a single monster, and the food merchant with the chicken on the second floor, i've been really interested in how players would be able to do this, before i realized the creature capturing at this point in time does not include a type of capture that would allow barns because they're technically "followers" instead of livestock,

So the first mod that i'm questioning if it's able to be created is Just being able to set a monster into a barn and not have them (if they're hostile) attack you or super jump out of the barn like most love doing. they'd still be your pets, but they'd basically be pet's in the "Stay" command, but i'd think they should still be able to move around, if only slightly- to keep them from looking like statues

An extra mod that would be a perfect addition to the previous one would be a livestock mod where you can obtain milk and egg's from certain kind's of creatures (specifically, if they make cow noises), since so far through countless run's of the beta i've only come across one carton of milk, i'm unsure if there's egg's in game but i know there's poultry, there could even be creatures that give out stranger things (They are aliens after all). Though, i believe this mod would probably work better after breeding is added for the livestock that would give poultry or meat.

A couple simpler mods might be something along the line's of an easier way of getting food recipes, finding them more commonly in bookshelves, or even if you eat the item a set amount of times you might learn the recipe (Your character must eventually think "so this burger is basically alien meat and bread). Another one would be something along the line's of farming supplies (Butter churn, etc), if not for actual use, at least for decoration.

also another super simple mod? make the vegetables you'd naturally be able to cook cookable (potatoes, carrots)
    I also believe there's a mod to squeeze seeds out of the produce- which is a great step, but i'd love to see a (more common) seed vendor/merchant in glitch villages.

There's of course different kind's of immersion's as well, such as sneaking actually doing something - the mods for stealth could be an altered line of sight, thing's you can hide behind by just pressing E, Light giving off your location easily- stealth is really fun to play around with in games, and can definitely make you feel much more into the game instead of people building walls, or just waiting until they can one hit everything and going in to a dungeon that might have snipers.

there's also hunting knife upgrades for the hunters which i'm sure is coming soon into the real game, or might already be modded, but i'm just writing down all the mod's i'd love to see one day.

I apologize for all the words! i just really enjoy mods, and even though i personally can't code, i'd love to see how people think about immersion mods, so basically what i'm asking now is would it be possible or wanted? and if so what would you guys want to see as a mod/addition to the game (or if you want to yell at me "Rye! that mod idea is complete trash" then you can do that too : ' ) )

2. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Varying level of possibilities! Recipes, cookables, hunting knife upgrades are absolutely possible. Livestock I'm not sure since I don't think monsters are great at being permanent, unless they're part of a "dungeon" (villages are dungeons, in the code); someone smarter than me needs to chime in here. (Tree seeds have already been promised for an eventual update.) Getting eggs and butter might be possible; can we "action" entities and get results? I'm not sure if that's "impossible right now" or "possible, but not used by existing assets". I think someone has already cooked up a stealth mod but if not it should be possible... I question how well it would work given the gameplay (since you can't really sneak past things unless you tunnel around them, in which case, you're already effectively stealthed).

Lots of vagueness in these responses but there is absolutely hope for your ideas. :)