1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Appealing Avian Art Anomaly

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yulani, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yulani

Yulani Aquatic Astronaut

I was just looking at a blown-up picture of the Avian temple, when something caught my eye. When I clicked the zoom option on my menu, things got slightly larger, but all the lines and pixels were much more defined, while the original version had a "softer" look with less clear separations between the objects. I think this would be a cool graphics option in Starbound, and I would like to hear additional input. Thanks!:proper:

2. Aniukha

Aniukha Void-Bound Voyager

I think I read somewhere that in Starbound, you'll have the ability to zoom the camera in and out and that some items/weapons you'll be able to zoom out with, much further than you normally would be able to and i believe the example item was a sniper rifle. The graphical option you mentioned might come in handy for this... If it was possible to zoom in really close to your character, personally, id prefer to have very crisp and defined pixels. Like in this wallpaper I created:

[​IMG]

Then for zooming out really far, have the pixels become smoother.

Breather and wulld like this.
  3. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

You could use the zooming mechanic to make puzzles or hidden switches. So small they need to be zoomed in on.

Aniukha and Valkoor Moonblood like this.
  4. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Zooming is definitely in game, and its going to be a VERY broad scope in terms of how far in or out you can zoom. Unless they decide to restrict it later, you SHOULD be able to increase it quite a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.