API Exports

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tyler1128, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Tyler1128

Tyler1128 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone

After looking at the exception logs after the game crashed, I noticed that a large number of core C++ functions and classes are exported in at least the linux 64-bit starbound client binary.

If this is intentionally done, the potential for modding is huge as it would allow directly interfacing with the C++ code and even changing the implementation of some functions, if one is dedicated enough. I'm going to try to play around with the exported API some and see if I can do anything.

I dumped the export table using the nm unix utility . if anyone is interested, I put the full dump at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18503771/StarboundInterface.txt.

2. Snowl

Snowl Master Chief

Yep, the .exe is loaded with COFF symbols allowing us to see the entire structure of the game. People are working on hooking into the functions to allow modding any part of the game. You can watch one of the devs streaming his work on this @ twitch.tv/mast3rplan

Feel free to join us at ##starbound-modding @ freenode if you want to help out :3