Anyone Like This Game?

Discussion in 'W:R General Discussion' started by HedgeFlanders, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Isis Mei

Isis Mei Orbital Explorer

I finally got this off of steam a couple days ago. Now I'm just itching to play.

• Ear

Ear Orbital Explorer

I can honestly say that these guys are awesome, I was viewing their Stream, they were interacting with viewers, NOT only that, but they were also implementing the viewers suggestions into the game on the spot! They love their fans, and not just because they pay their bills.

You guys are awesome, WR and WA don't really appeal to me guys, but I'll be buying it to support you's cause you're the Developers that deserve it.

Kexy Knave, Munchgun and Leth like this.
      • Trec

Trec Space Hobo

Looks like a really nice game, have yet to play it tho. :/

• Kovaelin

Kovaelin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have this game on Desura, and it seems to have worked fine a few months ago. No achievements just makes games more immersive. Personally, I'd rather games all have less achievements (maybe just a couple saying that you beat the game and/or 100% completed the game). Cards are... meh. I'll take 'em or leave them. I'm thinking I should get back into Wanderlust though. I'm glad that the game's being supported across all their releases.

• Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

You guys did this on Game Maker? Great program, been a fan of it for many years now. Well, minus the relatively uncreative name. :rofl:

Leth likes this.
            • Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Unfortunately, their new system only applies to their main Bundles. Weekly Sales and Humble Store purchases still use the old system.

• Wolham

Wolham Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry, but this argument of yours is just broken. You're missing out on content of the game you paid for with the steam achievements? First of all, they didn't even exist when the game was released. While PC is one platform, it has several suppliers of games; desura and steam being two, so it's hard to compare this to consoles, but basically what you're saying is that if you purchased your game for PS3 and then the XBOX version gets a free DLC that gives a cosmetic upgrade, you think the PS3 version should get it as well because you paid for it? Do you think, if you buy a regular version of a game and a collectors edition/GOTY edition is released, you should get that content too, because you payed for it? No, you didn't fucking pay for it, you got exactly what you payed for, and you did not pay for the steam achievements, those are an added bonus to the steam version. You knew exactly what you were buying when you bought the Desura version, and if you didn't want that then you wouldn't had bought it in the first place. And you even agree that the game is good. So stop being such a cheap cow and whining about not getting free stuff.

Guyjin, Shanjaisolen, SPLlT and 2 others like this.
                • Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

I still play and enjoy this game occasionally ^-^ It's much more fun with friends, I admit.

• SteelSoldier

SteelSoldier Existential Complex

I had a blast with this game when I played it with Excessive Profanity, Shadee and Org, I would definitely recommend it as a game that you would play with a few friends.

• Hasaosan

Hasaosan Big Damn Hero

shut up seriously... the whole ps3 argument ruins ur whole post as ive answered that b4

ether way devs are thieves move along thats my opinon and i wont change it.

and flaming me isnt gonna do you any good just makes you look even more like a 2 year old

• Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

Not flaming you, but in your attempt to defend yourself you're looking less and less mature about the way you approach your
                        belief opinion. This is just my opinion.

Edited because a word. Belief didn't feel right in that sentence.

Shanjaisolen likes this.
                        • Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

Come on Hasaosan, you've been trolling us for half a year now. It's time to let it go.

Simply put, there was no "thievery" - You got what you paid for. It's not "thievery" to provide you with a license to play the game after you paid for it. It's not "thievery" to sell our work. It certainly isn't "thievery" to refuse to give out extra copies of the game to people who have already been provided the product they paid for.

On top of what I wrote above, and in addition to us to us legally providing you a license to play the game as stated on our site when you made your purchase, we also (later and free of charge) ensured that you'd have the ability to play with all Steam users; a significant amount of work went into this to ensure you wouldn't feel left out from the Steam launch.​

AND in addition to the above considerations, I also coded following additional content, features, and fixes post-launch and at no extra charge to our customers...
                          I count 24 new features and/or content additions in that list, which was provided to you, for free, AFTER the launch of our game.

Your 'accusation' - that the developers of Wanderlust: Rebirth are "thieves" - is not only both legally and logically unsound... it is unjustifiable in any context.

With all that said, I do not wish to continue a feud with you on our forums (nor anywhere else for that matter); I sincerely hope you will re-consider your opinion given the statements we - the developers - have made and in light of the work we have done to ensure you got your $10-worth.

Finally... even if you choose not to buy our games in the future - which may I remind you that you are fully welcome and within your right to do - I formally request that you discontinue spreading baseless accusations about our business model and views regarding customer service and satisfaction.

Cheers, mate.
                          ~Leth

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
                            Echo, The Alien Way, Guyjin and 5 others like this.
                          • 13ulbasaur

13ulbasaur Tentacle Wrangler

Shut down.

Shanjaisolen likes this.
                            • Theguru1020

Theguru1020 Void-Bound Voyager

I've never actually played the game before, but I just watched the trailer. This looks pretty fun, I could see myself getting into this with friends. This was made with Game Maker, correct? I'm surprised that program has become more relevant in serious indie games lately. No offense to you guys or Game Maker, it's just that I never expected any popular games to come out of it. It never seemed like a powerful program.

• Helladen

Helladen Void-Bound Voyager

I bought the game when it was on sale. The game design isn't that good. For example, if you die you aren't penalized and can skip fights by doing that. I am not even talking about redoing the fights you would've done, you literally skip an entire boss fight if you die. It may not be in every scenario, but I had it happen to me and felt like the game was weak.

No, it is a bad game to be honest. Some people may find it to be decent though since it resembles a Zelda feel.

• Leth

That's not true. The whole point of the game is to earn awards, and you miss out on the Invincibility Award (1000pts) if you die, as well as earn Death Awards (which are negative points). This has a huge effect on your final score for the chapter.

Other than the first attempt at a Chapter (where you earn 50% minimum), you MUST earn awards to advance yoru character; it's a subtle penalty, but one that is obvious for a player who understands their objective.

• Helladen

Those are extras. Not everyone cares about achievements. Game design like that should affect all not a portion of your players.

• Leth

Awards are certainly not extra; advancing your character is an essential part of succeeding in Wanderlust: Rebirth, and the ONLY way to do that is to earn awards. If you do not earn awards, you will not advance. It affects everyone.

In other words, if a player goes through the game and does not care about the awards that they are missing out on, they will struggle.

• Helladen

Okay, but I still don't like it. It feels like an exploit regardless if it penalizes me in the long run or not.

Leth likes this.
                                        • DawnSeeker

DawnSeeker Orbital Explorer

Because you're so nice and you love me and you're not a thief at all , Could you give me a copy of your game I really want to play it sir ^ - ^ !! :D
                                          And I'll spread lots wonderful things about it in return =-) *Blinks my eyes 2 times & flicks the hair move*

RvLesh and Leth like this.