REQUEST Anyone found how to edit tool actions?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by OscarWilde, Mar 12, 2016.

1. OscarWilde

OscarWilde Space Hobo

I'm curious about making my own mod (unless someone's already done it, or beats me to it) that uses the max level tool action by default.

In other words -> If I have an iridium watering can, I want to water 6x3 WITHOUT having to hold down the mouse for the copper, steel, gold, and THEN iridium patterns.

Or if I have gold then it goes to gold, or steel, or copper. Basically just do that max for that level. Same for the Hoe. At least for holding down the button anyway. I understand you might want to water one square or hoe one plot. But if I'm holding down the button, I'd rather not have to wait through the copper (1x3), steel (1x5), or gold (3x3), to get to the 6x3 I know I'm going to use!

I've been through the xnbs top, bottom, and sideways, and I can't seem to find any that pertain to tools. (Other than the pngs for editing their appearance. Does anyone know how I would go about finding those numbers? I'm guessing it goes further into the game code than just the xnbs.

Anyway, if anyone has some advice, or has already done this, I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks

HollandVG likes this.
    • keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

That actions are hardcoded into dlls. Use Storm API.

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

Or SMAPI.

EDIT: or both...

• OscarWilde

OscarWilde Space Hobo

The APIs will allow me to modify the dlls ? Back to the research caverns!

Thanks guys!