1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Anyone else getting freezes lately?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Valkyrie_pl, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure when it started happening, as I came back after vaults were added (previously playing on release w/o problems), but every now and then the game will freeze up for a second or so when changing biomes, going from day to night (or vice versa), and on some other such occasions.

It even managed to kill me when digging in the Ruin, as it decided to freeze when jumping down to the brain. I "unfroze" maybe a meter off ground and splattered.

My OS may have quite some years now without a reinstall (and that was postponed even further as a shop cancelled my new PSU purchase a day after telling me that everything is fine), but other games do not have issues, so I'd wager it's specifically a SB problem, possibly added in latest or so patch.

2. LadyRavenSkye

LadyRavenSkye Lucky Number 13

I've been having the same issue on my original laptop. It's been for me a major and random spike in CPU usage that causes the game to freeze, other games run fine, but meh. Thankfully I have a second laptop, but even it has this weird graphical issue with a straight line coming down from the top left corner of the screen, warping +5/-5 pixels on either side of the line so it looks like some crack in the universe. There are some work arounds, such as running the game in admin mode, and if you use steam, disable the steam UI or just don't run the game through steam at all.