1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else excited for the new Mechs?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedArch, Feb 9, 2017.

1. RedArch

RedArch Void-Bound Voyager

So! I really like mechs! And the two newest blog posts really peaked my curiosity with the idea of customizing the looks of and painting your own mech and such. However I haven't seen any other forum posts about opinions on the new mech. So I figured I'd ask everyone what they thought. What weapons or armor do you think will be available? Or how do you think the new customization's will work?

Ainzoal likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

In my ideal world, the mechs would have a docking station where you could open up a menu and attach various parts that have various effects. Some for better jump, stronger weapon damage, more health... But alas, I would assume it will boil down to buying them from a vender and they will use your default energy pool, with no real depth to them. (But I would love to be proven wrong)

xaliber likes this.
  3. RedArch

I think Mech's will be more like your idea then you think. For example the recent blogpost has shown they can be colored. And comparing the two mechs from the posts you can see different weapons, chest pieces, and cockpit coverings on a mech body that seems relatively similar to one another. They also seem to function like a hoverbike.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I would bet those are just graphical variations. Again, I would love to be proven wrong.

5. RedArch

I suppose it could be. But I like to be more positive.

6. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

i am REALLY excited for the mechs, i love building in very hazardous places, so having a "shelter" in my pocket would really Help me (i just say acid rain)