1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else a little irritated?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Grayecastle, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

The lack of gameplay footage is annoying and disturbing all at once to me. Anyone else having this tiny issue?

2. Bomb

Bomb Title Not Found

I don't find it an issue -- it's just that I'm an impatient man and I just want to see what it looks like already.

3. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

Why is it an issue if they're still early in development and don't want to show us the flaws?

They said they would be showing the first real gameplay video soon, so let's all just be excited and look forward to it.

Bask likes this.
  4. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

Just be patient.

Would you rather have a video of half done, low quality features, or fleshed out, awesome new antics?

Give them time to tie up the final loose ends. :p

5. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Don't you like the speculation? I do.

6. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

The more you speculate the higher the expectations get. The higher the expectations get the higher the chances of "failure"

bioemerl likes this.
  7. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd expect gameplay teasers in the next week or two, but that's just my guess.

Devon Castleman likes this.
  8. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Gameplay videos will be out soon enough. It seems like a long wait now but when the game comes out it'll seem like time just flew by since you first registered on the forums. Just be patient & before you know it you'll be posting your own Starbound videos. :)

9. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

All in due time.

10. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Nope. I find it quite exciting and suspenseful to wait for the next footage. And plus, it keeps spoilers down. :)

11. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Tiy himself said that for every update they show, the longer it takes to get to the actual game, so I'd rather have less updates, and more time for them to work on it.

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  12. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Just wait, it'll come eventually.
    [​IMG]

13. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

I gotta agree with Penta here the game sounds amazing therefore I say we all sit back and wait and if your already a avid druggy for it then bite your nails and allow them to continue their work, in the long run it shall bring us more enjoyment.
    (also Nice choice of snake)

14. Krabby

Krabby Title Not Found

While yes I do want the footage to come out quickly I can usually be patient enough to wait for info. I do under stand where you're coming from too though.

15. SweetAssBacon

SweetAssBacon Tentacle Wrangler

Tiy and the other devs are working hard with this game. without them this game wouldn't exist, and you wouldn't be able to be mad at them!
    gameplay footage comes when it comes!
    alright?
    cheeers :D

16. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

Annoying and disturbing aren't the words I would use.

It's more like... the lack of information is making me all... curious... and obsessive... and has me salivating over every tiny bit of information we get.

17. SoldierMorty

SoldierMorty Big Damn Hero

I'm a patient guy so I'm not really perturbed by the current circumstances. The longer the wait the more exciting the information will be as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it's not as if they're under Valve time or somesuch, so game play footage and new information will be released eventually.

18. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

*Releases a video because people want to see gameplay footage, no matter how unfinished the game is, people then complain about how unfinished it is*

*Youdon'tsay.jpg*

"Jokes" aside, I'm pretty sure the process goes like this. Think of stuff. Add that stuff. Test if that stuff works. Test to see how it works with other stuff. Then make it pretty.

They're probably in between the 3rd and 4th steps right now, so it might not be the prettiest looking thing, which is what they probably want before posting a video. Something great looking. The flashlight demo was nice enough to keep me going, so in short, the answer is no.

I don't really have a right to be irritated anyway. 90% of the forum/fanbase wants them to take their time to put out the best game possible. A teaser or so every often is nice, but not something they -must- do.

19. Tardisphere

Tardisphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd rather wait for something that's good quality than something that has been rushed.

20. FungusTrooper

FungusTrooper Phantasmal Quasar

No, I have a rest-of-my-life to be getting on with.

They'll show stuff when it's ready, I'm sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.