Modding Help Anybody want to test play these monsters?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Monijir, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Monijir

Monijir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's a zip <- It's very dirty. I wouldn't download it unless you know a bit about modding (it isn't properly packed at all) If there's interest among non modders let me know and I'll package it into something cleaner.

It includes a change to testarena and garden biome spawn groups. The only important bit is the six new monsters (one is kind of a place holder while I toy with ideas so it doesn't do much)

Cryopod - > Ice style pteropod, launches artillery ice boulders and tries to fly up out of range
    Pyropod - > Fire style pteropod, charges then attacks with a flamethrower - the thrust of the flamethrower lifts the monster upward
    Electropod - > Electric style pteropod, dives at enemies, when it connects with the ground it discharges a static explosion

Gloop -> A poison gleap, fire a stationary gas attack in between jumps
    Glump -> A weirdo gleap, when threatened expels a jump boosting gas in a large area, when hit expels a bouncy status gas in a smaller area
    Glarp -> I honestly forget what its set up to do right now, it was originally a healer unit but I don't think it does anything at the moment

Would love to get some feedback and suggestions, even if you don't feel like messing with the content I'd like to gauge interest in mods adding new monster types.

I think the modding community is overlooking a lot of potential with monster mechanic mods. If I had any idea how to develop .behavior files I could do a lot more, but just mixing and matching the modular behaviors can produce interesting results.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Im actually having some trouble with a creature of my own. Looking at yours will be helpful. But so I am not just leeching, I will test out yours :rofl:

Edit: And... none of them work. They all kick back not an error, but a warning.

[Warn] Could not spawn Monster of type 'glarp', exception caught: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")
    [Info] Chat: <server> Could not spawn Monster of type 'glarp'

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. Monijir

4. lazarus78

Works perfectly. No errors to speak of and the creatures do what they should. (Quick test, I know, but honestly, I tested all the creatures.)

5. Monijir

Dude! I didn't recognize your new avatar! How you been?

What did you think about the flying mobs? I just figured out some of the basics of .behaviors and I'm using a new one to manage status effects on monsters. Still not sure which monsters are the strongest contenders for having elemental variation. Any suggestions? What's the monster mod you're working on?

6. lazarus78

I think they are all great. Unlike many, I don't mind reskined monsters for the sake of elemental differences.

Another one that might be cool is the Pulpin.

http://starbounder.org/Pulpin

My own monster creation right now is nothing big, just testing the waters cus I've not done it before.