Modding Help Any way to disable biome tile color variation?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GOKOP, Dec 20, 2013.

1. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

Hello.
    Is there any way to disable variation of biome tile's color? I just don't want to see my beatutiful meat biome violet...

2. Nightmares

Nightmares Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know much about biomes, but does it have anything to do with the masks in assets\celestial\system\terrestrial\biomes ?

3. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

No, I checked it... Color of horizon, masks, and main biome block are partly-randomized, (it isn't green, but it can be purple instead of red, as I said in first post) and I can't see any option to disable it.

Sorry for bad English. ;)

4. Pinchy

Pinchy Subatomic Cosmonaut

You have to open up the .png at \Starbound\assets\tiles\materials for the tile and remove every frame apart from the one you want.

In the dirt image there are five frames, or five 16 x 24 pixel images lined horizontally, crop out 4 of them and only the remaining one will be used.

The small inverted piece in the top left is how the dirt creates edges that are not connected to other dirt

Nightmares likes this.
  5. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

But flesh blocks (and your dirt too) have frames only in one color, so your method shouldn't change anything...
    And even if it works, what with horizon and terrestial images?

6. Pinchy

The blocks in the background as walls are generated from the tile frames automatically.

7. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

I'm not sure if you understand what I want...
    Color of main biome tile on planet (for example - dirt for forest) is randomized, so flesh blocks in my meat biome are usually violet. I want to these blocks are red, as they are in files, so I want to decrease the value of color variation for this, but I don't know, how to do this. Do you understand now?

8. Pinchy

I had a hunt through the files but cannot find anything related to the colour.

9. GOKOP

GOKOP Big Damn Hero

OK...

10. Pinchy

It feels like modding in general is too early. There's barely any framework or wiki in place.