1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any games like this?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gtaguy, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtaguy

gtaguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This game seems to be awesomeing along the awesome tracks heading to awesomestation in awesometown but I was wondering if there where other games like this? btw i'm the first forums troll. You stumble acrost a new thread! You have discovered Forum Troll! dananannana dun dunanan.:p

2. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Riiiiight.
    If you haven't already you should check out Terraria.

3. pheonix1901

pheonix1901 Zero Gravity Genie

If Spore and Terraria had a baby that had superpowers, which ate a baby made of awesomeness, and then had another baby with Star Trek, that baby would be Starbound.

Skarn, ryanward87, iblob and 6 others like this.
  4. gtaguy

gtaguy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have terraria and I don't have spore. -Forum Troll deflects the great ball with snappy comeback!-

5. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Wait, wait wait...
    Their baby ate another baby, then had a baby themselves? O_O

pheonix1901 likes this.
  6. pheonix1901

Terrifying, I know.... !_! but it's for the greater good!

Madmarlon likes this.
  7. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

babyception.

Williamm53, Madmarlon, John. and 3 others like this.
  8. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Based on what information we have at present, Starbound is a sandbox game in the same vein as Terraria and Minecraft. Except instead of one procedurally generated planet we are going to have dozens if not hundreds, with more then a few of them looking like they'd have a specific theme. So basically, Minecraft: The Next Generation.

9. pheonix1901

feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg

Well put, sir!

inverted L-block likes this.
  10. Ecchiholic

I'm really curious how the procedurally generated stuff will work in the final release, that's also the one thing about the game I look most forward to.

11. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Thanks, it was either that or Minecraft 2: What Relogic should have made INSTEAD of Terraria. I mean, don't get me wrong, Terraria is great and confronts some of the gripes I have about Minecraft (very little mid to late game content without mods for example) but one of the things that kept me from picking it up for the longest time was "ANOTHER fantasy sandbox game? Really?" Fortunately, I learned the error of my initial impression and now Chucklefish is basically making the sort of sandbox game I've wanted since Minecraft Beta.

12. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't even believe you guys talk, like this game is on equal terms with minecraft, or even Terraria!!!

In case you forgot, we are talking about -not an open world- but an open UNIVERSE, with dozens of different planets!
    we are talking about a space station you can upgrade and customize
    we are talking about lots of huge and vast and fantastical landscapes, with tons of NPCs and monters!

I think a little more hype should be fitting, at least some foam on your mouths! Come on people! :mad:

13. Ecchiholic

Well, in the end that's the only games we can compare it to.

Alkling and Madmarlon like this.
  14. Madmarlon

I guess you're right. But still, this will be big, ahh DAMN IT, I can't wait! I guess I'm going to sleep until it's out! wake me up when it's finished :3

15. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

Well granted the scale, if they can pull it off, will be infinitly bigger then previous games. But at the same time, if it is a sandbox Action-RPG... counting Starbound there are only three games in the genre, four if Epic ever does anything with that Fortnite project they mentioned at the Spike VGAs. As for hype? I'm going to keep my enthusiasm in check until I see some gameplay videos. What we've seen has been promising but still not a whole lot.

16. Madmarlon

Who needs facts and Gameplay Videos?? The game has Penguins, PENGUINS!

17. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

pheonix1901 likes this.
  18. Spike

Spike Supernova

if you mean games that randomly generates stuff, you might want to check out dungeons of dremonor, but if you are looking for worlds you can craft, you should check out minecraft or terraria or roblox.

19. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Minecraft and Terraria are great. Roblox and Dungeons Of Dremonor not so much :3

20. Takatalvi

Takatalvi Orbital Explorer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.