Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

it's good to write stuff you can relate to! and especially since you know about it first-hand, you can write it a lot more accurately so that's really cool. welcome to the community btw!

i haven't read your fic yet but to be honest there are a ton of fics i need to read OTL i hope it goes well tho. it's always great to see new fics and i don't think we have any active shane fics.

Risukage likes this.
    • Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

Just had a read, and it's good so far. Like @MagicallyClueless said, write what you know, yeah? :) And no hate at all for those riding the Shane Train, he's not my type but I respect those who like him. You've got a second reader already, so see you next update! *Waves!*

MagicallyClueless likes this.
      • TrashyVerse

TrashyVerse Aquatic Astronaut

Thankies so much ^^

• Sereru

Sereru Aquatic Astronaut

I've been getting a lot of ideas for one when I play, just haven't gotten to writing it yet. I want to get to know the characters better so that I can portray them properly. <3

Risukage and MagicallyClueless like this.
          • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I've been writing my own little fic here. Trying to crank out a chapter a day, but you know how this thing called 'real life' loves to screw around with your intended schedules. Doing a Joja route fic, so it's got the novelty of being unique, and the character is appropriately snarky and scarcastic. Will he make the transition to being the snark with a heart of gold? Only time will tell...

MagicallyClueless and Risukage like this.
            • Sereru

Sereru Aquatic Astronaut

Oooh, Joja route. While I hate Joja with a ceaseless passion, I'm pretty curious about this. Never actually seen a Joja route fic!

Risukage likes this.
              • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

He ends up taking Joja's tactics, and using them against Joja. Not simply screwing over 'the man', but playing his game... and beating him at it.

Of course, still a WIP. We've only gotten to the beginning of summer so far, but I've got the plot laid out.

Risukage likes this.
                • Risukage

Take your time! This is cheeky and snarky and all-around delightful. I look forward to seeing him become a magnificent bastard! As much as I love an update every day, I'm all about the quality. :)

• DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am going to reboot my old story. Fell out of writing, didn't like the way I was going. Still plan on doing Vignettes of the characters.

Risukage likes this.
                    • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well, so I officially joined in the writer's group after reading some of the fictions you guys have written so far; now I have written my own as well. But since I'm new to this kind of things, and with completely different approach for the storytelling. I have to learn a lot from my experiments and from what I have read before...

My fictions didn't focus entirely on single character's perspective, instead, they come with multiple POV's for key characters; their background, their journeys, how their actions affect one another and eventually, the consequences.

Hope you guys enjoy my fiction as well.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Considering I'm trying not to vomit, this is probably a dubious time to post this but it seems like most of the medical, family, legal, and technological issues that have delayed me from writing have resolved, so I should finally be... you know, actually look at what I had written before the monster that is life attacked me... and probably rewrite it all, but considering that the Big Update will probably fall sometime soon, it's probably best to get rolling before official things get stated.

Sorry for the delays to anyone that was waiting for updates, and also the vanishing act. I'll spare you all the details of the clusterscrew that is my life the last few months. Luckily my muse seems to be willing to cooperate, so hopefully I will actually manage to do the writing thing.

• Risukage

Ah! You poor thing! *BIG HUGS.* I'd wondered where you'd gotten off to, but I assumed that you, like most everyone here, was elsewhere for school and waiting on patch 1.1. Glad to hear you're doing better, looking forward to news of a full recovery. Good to see you back, and I'll keep an eye out for your work again. :)

(Also, if you ever need to vent/whine/whatever, feel free to send me a tell. I've been through all sorts of crap so I'm a decent sounding board. :p)

Pudassassin likes this.
                          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Haha... I'm really glad that I didn't have to deal with school on top of everything else, because wow enough things were in my plate. Especially since a lot of the medical issues are effecting my ability to be out of bed, more than I was already impaired in that region. I'm also making some progress replacing (and changing) what notes I have for the fic, so I'm probably going to do a draft of chapter two by the end of next week, regardless of where I am note recovery wise. My life is a yo yo wielded by an angry teenager.

I might approach you on the venting front.... and maybe possibly plead with about checking rough drafts, if you at all are able to consider it. (Warning: You may wind up with a very attached fox.)

Pudassassin likes this.
                            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Haha... I'm really glad that I didn't have to deal with school on top of everything else, because wow enough things were in my plate. Especially since a lot of the medical issues are effecting my ability to be out of bed, more than I was already impaired in that region. I'm also making some progress replacing (and changing) what notes I have for the fic, so I'm probably going to do a draft of chapter two by the end of next week, regardless of where I am note recovery wise. My life is a yo yo wielded by an angry teenager.

I might approach you on the venting front.... and maybe possibly plead with about idea soundboarding, if you at all are able to consider it. Anything would be at your willingness, of course. (Warning: You may wind up with a very attached fox.)

MagicallyClueless and Risukage like this.
                              • Risukage

Oof! No fun at all. I hate being stuck in bed (except for the days where I wanna sleep in just a bit and enjoy the fluffy warmth for a few more minutes...). Good luck on drafting and getting your thoughts in order, that's something I really should do more of, though I've fared pretty well so far...

Mate, you gave me support when I was starting out on my fic and gave me the confidence to continue, which is now at 53 chapters and at least a dozen more are on the way before it ends. I'm totally up to help in any shape or form. As it is said on the internets, "come at me, bro." ;P

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i'd also happily be a soundboard. i'm sorry to hear things have been so crazy for you but you always have a home here! : D

Pudassassin and Risukage like this.
                                  • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Not gonna lie, the support and understanding made me make very happy muffled sounds. I'll definitely take what help I can get and seriously appreciate the support. You have no idea how much it means. Stay awesome, people.