1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Anti CuTe Monster Mod 0.35

Generic monsters get replaced with scarier alien versions.

1. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

sleepy123 submitted a new mod:

Anti Cute Monster Mod - Generic monsters get replaced with scarier alien versions.

Read more about this mod...

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN MONSTER IDEAS IN THIS THREAD! I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.
    BETTER YET: FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR OWN EDITS AND I'LL INCLUDE THEM INTO THIS MOD!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  2. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

3. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Coming soon once I fix those sprites and animations, so far only the upper row is finished.
    nutmidge.png

Bobfae is also ready to roll. Changed into a cute moth.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  4. Imperitus

Imperitus Aquatic Astronaut

I like this idea, I was working on some myself but it was for randomly generated monsters. Although I feel the Spookit and Anglure replacements don't really fit with the setting. Perhaps making the anglure look more like an angler fish would work better?[​IMG]

Attached Files:

sleepy123 and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Eldritch horrors and visceral abominations...
    This is exactly what the game needed... I love your sprite work btw!

7. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

So this mod replaces the monster's or adds them in? Because i would like having previous and new monsters in the game.

8. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly I hope you don't replace the poptops, mainly because they're SUPPOSED to look cute.

9. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I'm pretty sure that request will be declined. I'm sure they'll look cute in their idle walking state, but become the unholy beings of pure terror they truly are once aggroed...

10. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Causes my game to crash on start up. :(

Attached Files:

sleepy123 likes this.
  11. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

It's just a texture replacer so there are no issues with other mods, but I know what causes it: the current version.
    All you need to do is update the mod to the current version and it will work.
    If you don't know how to do that then simply take the folders with the textures and put them into another mod. It will work.
    Hope it helps!

12. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

Those are beautiful. What folder are they located in? I'm a bit outdated but I'd like to add them in, if you don't mind. Really good work.