WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

According to the screenshots Gaveliere posted, Abby says:
    "I can't even remember the last time I dyed my hair... I swear, it never fades from this colour..."
    That's suspicious. Maybe her hair is magic. Or maybe the wizards daughter IS her hair!
    (dun dun hammmmm)

Gaveliere and bulbaswat like this.
    • Qwynn

Qwynn Industrial Terraformer

Sentient, parasitic hair which has taken poor Abigail as its host. That's the only answer.

• Bonabopn

I think lewis should be a terrier. I think it suits him. c:

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Bonabopn

Oh! I forgot to mention in my previous post.
          Shane does look awesome, in case you needed any more assurance. c:

Relten likes this.
          • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Looks great though just to point out there seem to be a few stray pixels next to his collar and shoulders.

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my gosh Shane looks AMAZING!

I think those are to show how his sweater is all tattered.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Rats, one of my least favorite characters is one of my favorite animals! Gotta admit it suits Shane quite well, and he looks great. They all look great.

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kinda the same here. I really didnt like him much in the game (at least at first), but now... Next time I start the game I will probabbly try to be his friend sooner :rofl:

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've been thinking that the wizard being a dragon would be very appropriate. He's magical just like dragons and because of apparent spoiler reasons relationship wise, it could very well work. Though I don't know much about the spoiler topic as I am not there in my game yet and trying not to spoil things for myself. So I could be wrong there. Then Abigail's parents don't have to be dragons. The gene could skip generations or only show up in people that have magical potential. I really do think it works. He could be a purple dragon, even.

And I've been thinking that Marnie would be a great border collie. She reminds me of a puppy. A very happy, enthusiastic puppy.

Also, Sam looks shorter than all the other characters. His head is set further down than the others. Would it be possible to make him taller by drawing a bit more of his shirt?

• Venteka

Venteka Void-Bound Voyager

Aaaaah! I love how Shane looks ;u;

• Topazshot88

Topazshot88 Void-Bound Voyager

What about Emily? What're the plans for her?

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I would support him as some kind of magical creature but I'm not sure Dragon would be a great one, especially since the spoiler issue is mostly speculative. Maybe a phoenix would be a better option to keep the possible relationship up in the air.

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Humm.. he could also be a owl or raven given they been linked to the ocult and magic

• wilkfiadh

wilkfiadh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found this mod through some fanart for Harvey I saw on tumblr (I believe by Bravoart). Gonna be honest with you; this mod is the reason I bought the game. Thank you!
                              Goat husbando A+

endermaryn and Bonabopn like this.
                              • Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Might I make the suggestion of a Magpie? Since Emily likes all kinds of gems and there's the stereotype that Magpies are attracted to things that sparkle/shine/glitter, not to mention you haven't done a bird anthro yet and it would contrast well with Haley I'd think, what with her being a cat and all. Plus the color scheme of a Magpie would work well with Emily's hair, but eh, it's just a thought. I don't really know how hard it would be to do a bird anthro, plus I don't know if you're trying to make family members the same species or what exactly but I thought I'd just toss that out there for the heck of it. Lol

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Did some polishing and fixes. Updated the main download link and the separate files section on the OP. Also added a fanart section because i rly love and appreciate it and it's too awesome to not bee seen ok thank u.
                                  banner alex2.png
                                  banner penny2.png banner sam2.png
                                  -Redrew Sam's clothes
                                  -Redrew Alex' Clothes and fixed a few of his expressions.
                                  -Shaved penny's 5 o' clock shadow
                                  -realigned some misaligned portraits on Abigail's sprite sheet
                                  http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xxgk4pyuybupyz/Anthro_Characters.zip

The old versions will still be available for download at the Alternate files section

Thanks again guys!
                                  Oh I like that idea. I'm worried about having too many dogs though.

Thank you! Yeah. The original shane portrait had those too. I could do a clean version though.

Man I felt for the guy when I gave him a beer on his birthday. Jumped up hearts and the heart event was welll... i'm really feelin him brother.

I'm really sorry to say I still can't make up my mind about her. Suggestions would be wonderful though.

I was actually thinking eastern dragon. Still a dragon but hey at least it ooks really different. I should definitely draw more birds though.

It was actually Koku who did them! Unless you mean a different harvey fanart haha.
                                  http://gengacanvas.tumblr.com/
                                  Also, that is really wonderful to hear. I'm glad I can hep support this wonderful game through this.

Thanks for the suggestion! seems like a lot of people really like birbs. It's really hard to decide hahaha. I think I'll focus on characters without immediate family first.

• Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Wow I absolutely love this! I'll download it once it's done for 100% sure!
                                    I'd love to see you do the same with the player ^_^

• zyymurgy

zyymurgy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love this mod, I am a big gay furry and I adore this type of full conversion~

Here's a couple suggestions for species...

Marnie: Cow obviously! :)
                                      Jas: Piglet? (pigtails... lol)

Vincent: Fox
                                      Jodi: Gazelle?
                                      Kent: Bear!

Clint: BEAR!!

Pam: Anteater? Boar?

Pierre: Rhinoceros
                                      Caroline: Ferret

Wizard: Owl

Lewis: Horse or goat

Emily: Unicorn? Blue macaw?

I'll post a couple more if you want; these are just the first things that come to mind when I think about these characters, while trying to avoid stereotypical species and easy guesses.

Here's a second for furry options for the player, too. Maybe a couple types of muzzles and ears as accessories?

Feathery Dust likes this.
                                      • Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oooh, I think an eastern dragon for the wizard would look great! You could even have the tail sticking out from underneath his robes and have him twiddling them long whiskers on his face or something, yea I like it.

Ahaha, yea I only suggested it just because there hasn't been one yet and it seemed to make sense to me but if you're trying to keep family the same species or at least relatively the same then that's cool. If that's the case then you could probably make Emily a wild cat of some sort since she definitely seems a lot more wild then Haley who appears to be a domestic cat and Haley remarks how they are pretty different from one another. Yet more thoughts and ideas to ponder, lol.

As for Marnie I think she could make for a pretty good farm/ranch animal, since she runs a ranch and all, though that could be a bit strange I suppose, lol. Ranch-ception

And while I know you said you'd tackle families last probably I think since Sam and Kent look so alike Kent would make for a good tiger. As for Jodi and Vincent I like the above suggestion of Vincent being a fox, so Jodi could possibly be one as well. Though I'm being a bit biased right now because I just watched Zootopia the other day and fell in love with the Fox in that movie, Nick Wilde. Ugh, that movie made me so happy, lol.

But anywho enough of me prattling on, I just thought I'd throw out a few more suggestions to hopefully help you out with the selection process and I wish you good luck with the rest of the villagers. I know they'll turn out great!

Inkweaver22 and zyymurgy like this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.