WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kizucha

kizucha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww a mod perfectly for me, thank you Cerylia to drag me over here.<3 Awsome work this mod, will download it fast as i can. :3

Roskii Heiral likes this.
    • JDE

JDE Void-Bound Voyager

This anthro mod is great! I think I'm gonna keep it! :D

Question, is there a way to change your character without affecting your save file?

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Any of the character changing mods won't effect your save. If you just mean your characters hair/face/eyes/shirt you get that ability from the wizard later in the game

• Samu_San

Samu_San Void-Bound Voyager

Wow great job!

• Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the verification on the issues involving Emily there. I admit, I have gotten quite busy with a new job, but I'd be happy to give my own rendition of Demetrius, once I figure out what would be best to make him for my own personal enjoyment. I'm glad you guys liked the the ones I've made so far <3

• Roskii Heiral

They're awesome, and I really like how this thread has become a community patching up all the loose ends.

If you take any requests, I'd like to see an alternate version of Abigail. My reasoning is that making her a dragon is abit too... er... snowflakey? I feel like it should be more subtle that she's related to the wizard. Maybe closer to Caroline, but with the purple coloring?

Don't get me wrong, I love this mod so much that I'll use it regardless. Thanks for all your work! I'm a big fan =3

Krystedez likes this.
              • Krystedez

Nothing wrong with that. :3 It's ok to give good criticism to stuff like this, as we are all showing our own form of appreciation!

I personally can attest to the idea that it does seem odd. I am totally down with the genetics being represented at least between one of the parents. But for Caroline, Pierre is like "Huh. Somehow I feel sometimes me and Abigail, we aren't related...?" or whatever the dialogue is or suggests, and I'm like "YA THINK?!" and wish it WERE more subtle.

So yeah, not against that at all. I'll be working on other stuff first ofc, including my own Demetrius that doesn't represent a species already tried or at least same type.

• xboxgamer969

xboxgamer969 Intergalactic Tourist

Oh btw something of interest on Emily's model, her arms are pale like a human, thought you'd know, its a bit odd seeing her head as a cat but her arms as a human xD

• Krystedez

ok ill look into it, it might be the pink sleeves she has on her outfit youre thinkin of but i looked and her paws arent black on a couple sprites. ill fix it up sometime soonish, but for now drowning in holiday mis-cheer or something. very tired, dog died, christmas was nice at least but fun sapped from fact I have work again after tomorrow bleh

• Roskii Heiral

Feelin the same way, going back to working outdoors long days tomorrow

• Bezz

Bezz Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. I really love this mod! All the sprites are super cute but I've been having a bit of trouble getting it to work. (Hopefully this hasn't been answered yet... I searched this thread and didn't see anything related to my problem) When I choose the files from the Characters folder to put into SDVMM I get a System.IO.FileNotFoundException. I don't really know what could be causing this issue as I was able to download another mod just fine, though dealing with different files. Any help or insight would be appreciated thank you!

• Roskii Heiral

Unfortunately, the mod author hasn't been on in a long time. So, in order to get the mod to work you need some fixes from page 30,31, and 32 to get your game to work.

I wish I had paid more attention when I was fixing mine, I would have written up a guide. But if you search around on those pages, you should be alright!

best of luck!

• Bezz

Bezz Void-Bound Voyager

Okay thank you! I'll search around and see what I can do!

• iguanalasanga

iguanalasanga Void-Bound Voyager

Would these files still work with the update of the game?

• blitzflame

blitzflame Void-Bound Voyager

Welp, looks like the mod is broken yet again do to the recent update! Its such a great mod, its a shame to not be able to use it.

**Edit Edit: Reapplied all the old fixes and everything seems to be working for now. If I run into any issues I'll edit this /again/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
                                • Roskii Heiral

Yes, you just need the fixes that others have posted here already

• Seraphimus

Seraphimus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't suppose we can get a compilation post of all the community edits from someone? I'd dig through everything myself but It's bed time and I work all week.

Edit: Couldn't sleep.
                                    To get everything working properly
                                    First, Install the Anthro characters Temp fix, This will fix some of the portrait issues. Work of Mocha Mokat or Nyantart not sure which, possibly the same person.

Then you want to install the unofficial anthro mod fixes work of Lobst. This updates a few of the new cutscenes and more of the portraits

Then finally install Cursors, as far as I can tell This should prevent characters from Changing sprites during events and conversations SnappingCrowbar did that one.

For completely optional stuff and community work to finish the mod
                                    Anthro emily, robin and evelyn are the work of krystedez (should be obvious what this does)
                                    And the Demitrius Mod is the work of ColaWolf (see above note)
                                    And finally Anthro edits Tweaks a bunch of the special events and cutscenes so Background characters Fit the theme. also by ColaWolf

None of these are my work, I am just compiling it all into one place so people can find all the community edits without digging through 6 pages of stuff.

Do feel free to give me a little credit though, took me a full hour to dig everything up and sort it out :p And if I missed anything, lemme know (preferably with a link to what I missed) and I'll add it to the post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
                                    • Dantenoid

Dantenoid Void-Bound Voyager

Ffffffffffffffffrrr***** genius. Really cool)

• Roskii Heiral

great work, this thread has needed this for awhile

• Seraphimus

Seraphimus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks, I just figured with so much awesome work by the community It'd be nice for people to have a place to find/link to all of the content at once, And then I had the time so I figured I may as well be the one to do it.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.