WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColaWolf

ColaWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, here's my Demitrius, compiled and ready for use. I didn't realise this at the time, but someone HAS made a Demitrius before - catriel, on page 29. It's great work, but as I put the time and effort in, and it's different enough, I may as well put mine out there. Made him a rabbit, like his daughter - it's not a great sprite (I'm not a visual artist), and the ears and mouth were taken from Gaveliere's original piece.

I also made a Shane, but, well, someone also did that too, and the edits are pretty similar, so no point in uploading something so close to another's work.

The mod seemed to work fine upon testing, but let me know if there's any issues. Image attached for a preview.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3i8q9lcuv9ro72j/DemitriusMod.rar

Attached Files:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
    • ColaWolf

Hey again - decided to make a quick edit of Gaveliere's rendition of Alex; the cream fur on his face will now run down his torso, as in the pics. Most noticeable when he's lifting weights. Also, slight edit to his work out shorts, to emphasise his physique. Portrait and general sprites in the mod, and a preview below. Let me know if there's any issues with it. If anyone wants the cream fur on the torso thinner, just ask.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t265mb86o2rdqiv/AlexCreamTorso.rar

Attached Files:

Bonabopn likes this.
      • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Really great work you guys =3

This mod and the anthro character mod have tipped me over into wanting this game xD

Really awesome work!

AngryCat likes this.
        • ColaWolf

Hey everyone. I thought I'd make some temporary edits to some sprites, to better anthropomorphise the world. This package basically works to compliment the main anthro mod of this thread, as well as the various updates made by the community (eg. Shane, Emily, Evelyn, various fixes, etc.). It will mainly replace background NPCs with anthros - including Grandpa! I consider this a temporary solution for the community, until the mod's author- or someone else who loves this mod - can create something better (my Grandpa is not fantastic; someone really should do a better Grandpa! :p). This pack is only necessary to get if seeing humans in certain events and the intro bothers you, or you prefer a fully anthro world. You do, of course, need the main mod, and the community updates for this to have any purpose.

A comparison of the edits and vanilla are below. Some spoilers in that. I've mostly cobbled things using edits of Gaveliere's works and my own artistic skills; Krystedez's fantastic Emily sprite is used for the Bundles pack (If that's an issue, Krystedez, I'd be happy to remove). The Demetrius used in the pack is my own rabbit one, but I may upload one using catriel's in a while, for those that use his wonderful sprite instead (again, if this is an issue, catriel, let me know). I decided not to edit Leah's statue (she made dancing potato men, she can surely imagine humans), the Prairie King sprites (they're ambiguous anyway), nor the Henchman (just personal preference - a custom edit wouldn't conflict); if any other humans snuck by, they were probably oversight. Also, the desks at Joja in the intro were cleaned - except for Sombero Man's, of course (who has been upgraded to be a Tunnelers fan to boot).

I believe the cursors.xnb I edited was the one provided by SnappingCrowbar, so it should be up to date with things, my edits aside.

Gave the edits a test, and they seem to work fine in all events, no loose pixels I could note (those in the comparison below are just due to lazy copy and pasting), with the only issue being that for some reason the light shining through the windows were dirtied in the xnb_node extract process; fixed it though. Any issues, please let me know.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9p88bzzmbvb3kb0/AnthroEdits.rar

Attached Files:

• ColaWolf

• Legionbunny

Legionbunny Space Hobo

Do I have to start a new game to use this?

• Roskii Heiral

Nope =3

• Roskii Heiral

I'm currently using your version of Emily and I almost crashed when trying to interact with her parrot. Not sure why this is, but the error message seemed to indicate that it was a missing asset. Hope this helps!

• ColaWolf

I've been using Krystedez's Emily without issue. Could be a mod conflict? Any chance of more info? Is the issue happening with the parrot in Emily's house, or the version that moves into your house if you marry her?

• Roskii Heiral

Its in Emily's house. I can't find a log to show you the issue, but smapi showed that it was searching for a missing asset called parrot. I assumed the parrot was part of emily's xnb (i haven't cracked it open to check). I noticed the parrot was also missing from her cutscene. I haven't gotten married in the game.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@Roskii You need to install the updated cursor.xnb from ColaWolf's AnthroEdits compilation pack (install the entire pack, actually).
                      That parrot's sprites weren't on the mod's original cursor spritesheet; CA added it in the 1.11 update.

• Roskii Heiral

OH! Thanks so much!

Edit: I wish there was a one-stop area to find all this stuff xD

• xboxgamer969

xboxgamer969 Intergalactic Tourist

Just found out about this mod, can't believe I didn't find out sooner lol
                          although you're missing 4 characters in your modpack
                          - Demetrius
                          - Emily
                          - Evelyn
                          - Robin

other than that this mod is perfect :D

• xboxgamer969

xboxgamer969 Intergalactic Tourist

Are you going to make one for Demetrius, its the only character I'm missing

• Roskii Heiral

Try the one from Colawolf on this page, Its my favorite!

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey just wondering, are you going to make robin in the future? making her an actual robin bird or something to do with carpentry like a beaver would be cool

• Roskii Heiral

There's a great Robin on page 31 from krytedez. She's not a bird though. I think she's a dog =3

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

oh ok, thank you!

• readingrainbow

readingrainbow Void-Bound Voyager

i'm using half anthro half human and pretending it's bojack horseman themed but.. there's no horseman (unless you count the pet horse i named horseman) and there's no mr. peanutbutter... would anyone be willing to make alex look more like mr. peanut butter? pretty please?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
                                        Krystedez and Roskii Heiral like this.
                                      • Cerylia

Cerylia Void-Bound Voyager

the pictures are so awsome <3 i love it

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.