WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, at this point, we might as well face the facts that this mod might never be finished. We can only hope that someone else tries to finish the mod in the same style. Shouldn't be too hard though, since there was only like, four characters left, right?

Then again, I guess it's hard to mimic an art style... We can dream!

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
    • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

There's also some new scenes for the already finished characters that need to be done, too.

TeddyBearYoshi likes this.
      • ColeGarrett

ColeGarrett Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not usually a fan of anthro, but these are really good!

• SnappingCrowbar

SnappingCrowbar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed that you guys don't have an updated Cursors.xnb for 1.1 yet, so I made one! This should potentially fix characters "turning" into humans in certain events as well as change the TV channels and the traveling merchant.

In addition to that, I also made an optional edit to Shane's sprites and portraits to remove his hat. I thought I might as well share it since it was right there.

Attached Files:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
          • TheWolfInBlue

TheWolfInBlue Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod, It's amazing :D
            I was just wondering, is there gonna be a Shane update soon?
            he's just a little broken in his story line ;u;

• Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

i got bored and made Evelyn anthro, and much like her a husband, a hyena. Just, the striped variety.

I am not that good at sprite animation or pixel art anymore these days, so this is my best attempt at matching the charming style Gave has done. Feel free to use if you want, this is a fan representation in the best way I can fit with the rest of the sprites. I took some liberties with her hair and the colors/emotions.

I added a zip with the xnb files, though I have not play tested her thoroughly. I'm simply wanting a full cast before I restart my file, and here's my hope that Gave does return to us some time!

EDIT: On that note, I am indeed working on Robin, Demetrius, and Emily. I'm not vey inventive so I'm giving them each my own interpretation of how I think they'd look and personalized species appropriate to their family~

Attached Files:

• ObsidianOrange

ObsidianOrange Void-Bound Voyager

Literally joined this community to say thank you for this mod. The person who made it initially did an amazing job (wherever he or she may be) and a *major* thank you to you guys working to continue their work. I look forward to browsing through and seeing all the different things people have done!

Krystedez likes this.
                • Krystedez

This time I got Robin out. I really wanted her to be related to Sebastian's species in someway, and what I assume he's a wolf. So here we have a warm colored syberian husky as his mother :)

Note, I will probably come back and fix up some of these sprites if they need some extra attention. All I care about right now is having these characters fit into the anthro world we have here!

Attached Files:

Blanchard and Roskii Heiral like this.
                  • Sigma34

Sigma34 Master Chief

These are really awesome! Keep up the great work!

Krystedez likes this.
                    • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

That looks neat, well done! c:

Krystedez likes this.
                      • Fore

Fore Void-Bound Voyager

I am so happy to see some work still being done here and I'm ever grateful if you wonderful folks continue to push forward on this. It's amazing thus far and those are amazing sprites Krystedez!

Krystedez likes this.
                        • DJ_Zapple

With some others actually helping to finish, here's hoping we might see a squirrel for one of the remaining characters! (I love squirrels. u.u)

Krystedez likes this.
                          • Krystedez

Thank you guys!! I really appreciate the feedback, I wasn't really expecting them to be liked that much, I really am quite flattered ^^

I am just popping by to say I have another day off to myself tomorrow, so I'll be working on the last two villagers that haven't been worked on yet, Demetrius and Emily. I have an idea of HOW Dem is gunna look, but not sure how to execute it. . . It was easy with a husky's tail but for any larger tails it will be difficult and for smaller tails it will be too. I think he's gunna be part of a rodentia or other subclass of mammal close to rabbits chimpmunks or something else. I wouldn't mind doing squirrel except I'm desperately afraid of making it look terrible haha D: I only have experience with canid, feline, dragon, ursine, and of course fantasy creatures with canine-like features or mixtures. So we'll see!

Emily on the other hand will probably be something entirely different. I want to make her and her sister like opposites. I thought a black cat as opposed to Haley's white cat look would be too obvious. Any suggests would be fine. I'm gunna look for a good example later tomorrow for her to go by, cuz I wanna redo her look all around.

• DJ_Zapple

They made Emily a white cat with blonde hair. All I can think of that would work with that is a black cat, admittedly. It's the most opposite you'd get. x.x

Krystedez likes this.
                              • Krystedez

That's a good point. If no one posts after this Ill edit it, but if so I'll come back with another post after i finish something~ I got work this weekend unfortunately and I dont wanna rush it !

• Kawaiikawaiii

Kawaiikawaiii Aquatic Astronaut

What about a Lemur? I feel like it's the type of monkey that might match her more interesting and silly personality and would be a good opposite.

• Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

I've been on hiatus from SDV for a while, and with the recent patch release, I gotta say thanks for picking up the slack; even if it is just a couple characters, and a little side-project for your spare time. You're a saint :) Thanks again for what you've done.

• Darkbite98

Darkbite98 Void-Bound Voyager

for pandaria

• Krystedez

I really appreciate that, Starhowl. I'm planning on at least having my edits in game and I thought I'd share, so others can have mine as at least outright placeholders for until the original creator comes back~

With that I have a character updated now; Emily, as a black cat! All the bachelors and bachelorettes now have anthro forms :D

If you guys have any problems with any of the mods I've tried to pack, please let me know. They run so far ok in my game, but I definitely want to know when you have errors, especially with this 1.1 update. I don't know what else to do fix them yet but I will research them if they come across. Happy Halloween!

Attached Files:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                                        • Kaizu

Kaizu Void-Bound Voyager

I hate to be a bother, as I may have installed them improperly, But your edits for Robin, Evelyn and Emily aren't working for my game :(

Ah! Never mind. For some reason the files didn't extract at all. I had to put them in manually and they work fine now :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.