WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would give my vote for making the dwarf a mole, krobus...well havent gotten that far so leave that for others to figure out

Kozomomo likes this.
    • Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

The Dwarf would make a nice mole, but I guess Krobus could just stay the same seeing as he's some sort of shadow monster. But I guess he could become some sort of shadowy animal?

• Topazshot88

Topazshot88 Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, Marlon looks really nice. Very fitting for him, too.

What should George and Evelyn be, I wonder?

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

Each new character you show off blows me away each time. Amazing work!

• haley2

haley2 Void-Bound Voyager

Attempted something for the player sprite
            [​IMG]
            I wanted to make a version where the ears matched the skin color instead of the hair color, but the ears were too tall and got cut off in some frames.. Might try again later with shorter ears.
            Here's the download, if anyone wants it :>

CyricV, Wulven, BananaBubble and 9 others like this.
            • Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Idk if its just me, but Marlon's facing the camera character sprite looks off. That eyepatch just looks weird, or something. Maybe it's because the eyebrow and the beak under the strap makes the head area look noisy, and kind of seem like the eyepatch is more like a face thing than an eye thing. Optical illusion, yo.

• Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Thanks glad ya like him haha. Well it's definitely possible as soon as I finish this thing haha.
                I just love this game that much. I'm just glad there are other people like this thing I'm doing too.

me too marlon and gil are like furniture now, Gil literally does not even have a character spritesheet. He's part of the adventurer's guild map tileset.

Oh hey A mole sounds like a good idea actually.

Krobus is perfect and adorable the way he is. I don't know how to change such perfection.

Thanks! No idea at the moment. Depend onWhat route I want to take the poll.

Hnnghh I try I definitely try thank you.

Oh this looks noice! Do you want me to put it on the op so more people can see?

Yeah I definitely see it.
                I tried to fix it. Working with these tiny pixels always gives me headaches. Does this look better?
                marlon sprite.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                  Kokukoku likes this.
                • Midaychi

Yeah that definitely makes the patch stand out as a unique feature and makes it more difficult to interpret it as an optical illusion. Though I'm not sure if that's an intentional extra pixel there on his right side above his eye?

• haley2

That would be great, thank you! :D

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my~ Marlon is looking so cool now <3
                      Also, Cant wait to see Shark Willy. Sounds so cool X3!

And about Dwarf/Krobus... I think if made, they should be something really special, or something really fitting... Is a tough one! Also, what should be our grandpa? Which btw, would need to be fixed too then when the intro :O

I was thinking on mole dwarf too, it fits somehow! And Krobus... Since shadow ppl and dwarfs were enemies, should he be a natural enemy of a mole...? in a shadowy form or so :O

I really dont know whats the natural enemy of a mole, not sure if snakes are... But a shadowy snake Krobus would be cool, I think X3

• sirentu

sirentu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really like this ^_^. Now if only somebody could combine this with that dress mod...

• haley2

I could try! Tomorrow, though :p I should've been asleep a while ago

zyymurgy likes this.
                          • Midaychi

Aren't the dwarves supposed to be like, space aliens or something?

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Space aliens from OUTER SPACE!
                              They could still be space moles. Space has moles, right?

• Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Oh my gosh, I was waiting for a mod like this! Good job [​IMG]

• Kozomomo

Kozomomo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like how you quoted me :rofl:

Still dunno, I imagine them like... "Real" Dwarvers, living inside mountains, digging, loving metals, etc... Although with the kind of... Helm or thing he wears, he looks a bit like from space indeed X3...

Space moles sounds really cute :rofl:

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Space sure "had" moles.. I think I killed most of them in that Super Scope game on the SNES...

• OttersAreCool

OttersAreCool Space Hobo

I'm not sure if suggestions are taken, but I'm gonna put out the idea of Willy being an otter, since he's a fisherman.

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Otters are pretty cool.

[EDIT] for some reason none of the festival people in the autumn fair were anthros. the tv people are though. not sure what went wrong? Maybe i accidently the festivals.whatever file.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                                          Gaveliere likes this.
                                        • Science

Science Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So uh, I made Harvey's portrait look more like Kokuhane's rendition.
                                          Harvey.png

This took me so long how do you people do it...
                                          Also I don't know why the XNB file is so much larger than the other portraits, might be because I left blobs of transparency.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g64cn4cmts4hki4/Harvey.xnb

Wulven, Gaveliere and mario-taint like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.