RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry for the long delay on replying, I have a ton of crap going on and have been trying to finish up writing projects for a deadline. I looked through the files
    @luna_panshiel added to the patch by @Rydel and they seem solidly done. I haven't finished the portraits yet, but I'm combining the two DNPCC patches and uploading them tonight. Thanks guys~

Roskii Heiral likes this.
    • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I just really appreciate all the effort you put in to keeping this thing alive xD

Blanchard and Sugar-Fable like this.
      • Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Hey guys I really appreciate what you've done with this mod. Thanks for keeping it alive and updating it to be 1.1 compatible.

I can't really discuss why I just vanished without posting a really uninteresting novel. Not really the place haha.
        I didn't wanna necro my old thread and this seems like a good place as any. I wanna apologize for the disappointment I've caused. I know I should've said something.

I hope this kinda sorta makes up for it though.
        Demetrius.png Robin.png evelyn.png emily.png

It's really really late but hey.
        http://www.mediafire.com/file/wq2djirl7p05d04/Anthro_characters_cont'd.zip
        I hope you don't mind the robin field sprite being just an edited version of the one already there. the base already looks good.
        Oh yeah, the clothes therapy sprite thing is already there too.

I don't know if I can still actively work on this like before but I'd like to be there if there's a new update.
        Thanks again.

kriimur, Chobin, Mocha Mokat and 10 others like this.
        • Seajun_

Seajun_ Heliosphere

Aaaaaa these look great Gav!

Gaveliere and Blanchard like this.
          • Blanchard

Hoooly crap, it's great to hear from you again! It's early morning here and I've got work to go to, but I'll update once I get back from there. Thanks a bunch and welcome back~

Gaveliere and Roskii Heiral like this.
            • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome back~ those look really good!

Gaveliere likes this.
              • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

It's okay, thank you for sharing your modding skills with the world. ^u^

Gaveliere likes this.
                • Roskii Heiral

Robin is so cute, Maru may have to talk to me about how much I enjoy spending time with her mom xD

Gaveliere and Blanchard like this.
                  • luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

i had noticed that much of the available anthro mod content is extremely scattered, and so new users would have to scrounge in a bunch of places to get a more complete set, so i went ahead and assembled a bundle containing the current anthro characters and DNPCC files, as well as some of the new character looks with an emphasis on species variety and quality

the first zip is the mod bundle, which contains everything you need for a complete anthro game, including babies/toddlers

by default the babies are wolves(from the original thread) with new "dark" variants as grey wolves added that were missing from the original addon, there is an optional folder with the bear versions included

I included the new, far nicer looking demetrius, and added in the new emily(even ported it to DNPCC) , I left the older otter robin(didn't exactly need another fox in the cast and it was very well made) and evlyn for the sake of species/character variety

the options folder included contains the 3 different anthro player mod options from
                    LackeDragon

and the fur colors addon. kept separate in case people would rather be a default human

the second zip is just simply a completed DNPCC addon with the new emily and no missing character files, it's already included in the first zip

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
                    • Blanchard

Hey guys, I've updated the mod with Gaveliere's finished character sprites for Evelyn, Emily, Robin and Demetrius. It's really awesome to have the original mod author back to make the game fully consistent in art direction, and I'm really thankful for all the work you've done~

I've left the community-created character sprites in a downloadable patch called "Alternate Character Designs", so anyone who wants to use them is free to do so~

Gaveliere likes this.
                      • Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, @luna_panshiel - I'm kind of surprised yet kind of not surprised I missed some sprites. I thought I tested everything, but I guess I didn't pay much attention to George or Shane. I think in some cases, I probably even made the sprite sheet, then put the original human version back in instead.

I'll try to get updated versions of Demetrius, Robin, and Evelyn done this week.

Blanchard likes this.
                        • luna_panshiel

i noticed that when you updated the download on the nexus you completely nuked the mod description in the process, should probably fix that, heh

edit: the DNPCC patch on the nexus doesn't have the new character art either but it does have all the recent fixes, should rename it to reflect the fact it's still using the older "alternate" art and make a new version for the new art

• Blanchard

I had made a little update about the mod compatibility, also I have no idea how that happened I didn't delete anything. I remember something weird happening one of the times I made a small change and freaking that something broke but when I checked the mod page everything looked fine. I'm hoping my account wasn't compromised or something...probably just screwed something up. Thanks for letting me know, wouldn't have realized for awhile.

Update: I went and hit Edit and literally everything was there as if I hadn't touched it, I don't know why it all disappeared. It won't appear after publishing, gonna try deleting the new sprite pics that was all I had added last time I fiddled.

Yup that fixed it. I think maybe I hit a picture limit or something. I really need to put it all together in one big pic. Also changed the patch description. Thanks again for letting me know.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
                            • Nekone Rin

Nekone Rin Orbital Explorer

Not that important but the new portraits on the preview (on the first page of the thread, not sure about nexusmods since I haven't checked) are a lot smaller than the others.

Big fan of the mod, by the way. Thanks for making (updating?) it.

• luna_panshiel

the portraits are the same size for me, i just checked, are you sure there isn't something screwy going on with your browser?

• Blanchard

They'll be smaller if you haven't logged into your Chucklefish account I believe. I'll make all new portrait pictures eventually but it'll be awhile before I have time.

• Roskii Heiral

Yeah, people don't understand how annoying it can be to constantly update several images on a front page.

• Nekone Rin

Nekone Rin Orbital Explorer

Huh, they seem fine now. Nevermind; false alarm, I guess. Sorry. Might've been my browser...

• Rydel

Rydel Void-Bound Voyager

Here's an updated version of the Longevity compatibility mod with both the new Emily and Evelyn images and the missing files Luna pointed out

Attached Files:

Blanchard likes this.
                                        • luna_panshiel

i have just come to the realization that in this mod, emily is depicted as a cat, and yet almost the entirety of her most disliked gifts are fish, only 1 item on her "hated" list isn't something with fish...