RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Blanchard

Blanchard Space Penguin Leader

This mod is the spiritual successor to @Gaveliere's excellent, but no longer functional, Anthro Characters mod. This mod continues where Gaveliere left off, deriving a far more complete and functional mod from the foundation Gaveliere created thanks to many contributions from the community over the course of many months. This mod overhauls virtually every NPC in the game, creating a wholly re-imagined Stardew Valley experience for those who enjoy anthropomorphic animal characters.

This mod does not affect the player-character; for that I recommend LackeDragon's Furry/Anthro Player and FurColors mods.

ninjakaami has been working on an anthro children mod you can find here.

This mod is now compatible with Siv's Marriage Mod. Download the appropriate patch file below and overwrite after installing ACC and SMM.

This mod is now compatible with RTGOAT's Longevity Mod.
    Download the appropriate patch file below and overwrite after installing ACC and Longevity.

The old versions of Emily, Demetrius, Evelyn and Robin are available in the Alternate Character Designs file for those who prefer them.​

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] upload_2017-8-7_14-24-2.png
    [​IMG][​IMG] upload_2017-8-7_14-24-18.png upload_2017-8-7_14-24-23.png upload_2017-8-7_14-24-36.png

Installation Instructions:
    Extract the contents of the attached file using 7zip or a similar program and follow the instructions packaged within. Do not attempt to install via the Stardew Valley Mod Manager; install this mod manually.

Note:
    Some small-scale sprite work may still be missing; if you find anything like that, please report it here or on the Nexus page.

If you come across any bugs, please report them after ensuring there is no mod conflict.

Changelog:
    4-15-2017:
    Added additional sprite fixes submitted by HYODO and ninjakaami. Thanks much~

4-26-2017:
    The mod is now compatible with Siv's Marriage Mod. Huge thanks to ninjakaami for this~
    Updated the mod for better Mac and Linux support, thanks to Swiftpaw22 for bringing this to my attention.

5-14-2017
    Various Cursors.xnb tweaks to correct some transparency issues.
    Added anthro sprites for the Prairie King mini-game. Many thanks to Mocha Mokat.

5-27-2017
    Edited townInterior.xnb to change the "FLU" sign in the clinic from a human nose to a goat nose. Thanks go to Arrkhal!

6-12-2017
    Added a fix for Emily's hands during certain parts of her walk cycle. Thanks much to Rydel!

6-16-2017
    Minor corrections to Haley and Penny's portraits. Thanks again to Rydel~

7-6-2017
    Updated Emily's portrait to fix and improve her hands.
    Added compatibility with RTGOAT's Longevity mod. Many many thanks to Rydel for both!

8-6-2017
    Updated the ACC-Longevity patch with additional work from Rydel as well as @luna_panshiel!

8-7-2017
    Huge update adding four new character sprites and portraits for Demetrius, Emily, Evelyn and Robin. Huge thank you to Gaveliere for coming back to finish the remaining characters and making the mod fully consistent!

8-14-2017
    Updated the ACC-Longevity patch to be current with the new sprites. Thanks again to Rydel!

Credits:
    A huge thanks to Gaveliere for creating the majority of this mod, and laying the groundwork for it.
    Thanks to Krystedez an ColaWolf for additional characters.
    Thanks to Bonabopn and Roskii for keeping the thread alive and helping with bug fixing, troubleshooting and help with various files.
    Thanks to HYODO and ninjakaami for providing additional sprite fixes.
    Big thanks to ninjakaami for making a patch to make this mod compatible with Siv's Marriage Mod.
    Many thanks to Mocha Mokat for helping to tweak Cursors.xnb with several transparency fixes and adding new anthro sprites for the Prairie King mini-game.
    Thanks to Arrkhal for the flavor update to the clinic and the updated townInterior.xnb file.
    Thanks to Rydel for noticing and helping fix a mistake with Emily's hands during her walk cycle, as well as portrait adjustments for Penny, Haley and Emily. Much thanks to Rydel for also making a compatibility patch for ACC & Longevity!
    Thanks to luna_panshiel for their help with additional Longevity patch fixes~
    I'm sure I'm missing people; please let me know in the comments so I can add your name to the project~​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 10:53 AM
      Cofe777, Iv000, WoogaBooga and 5 others like this.
    • Roskii Falfeather

Roskii Falfeather Existential Complex

Really glad to see this up, hopefully it helps everyone!

Blanchard likes this.
      • Blanchard

For posterity:
        If I ever happen to suddenly vanish for a long period of time, feel free to pass ownership of the thread to Roskii or anyone else willing to continue it. :avalibleh:

• Roskii Falfeather

If you're dead, I will have been dead for weeks =d

Blanchard likes this.
          • Blanchard

I've added this mod to the Stardew Valley Nexus to increase exposure and hopefully boost the chances of getting some of the small-scale work still needed done. It can be found over here. (I'm mostly making this post to prove that I'm the one who posted the mod over there, as my username is different on the Nexus).

• HYODO

HYODO Void-Bound Voyager

I love Anthro Characters. Thank you very much.
              I upload sprite I previously edited personally.
              (Please advise me if there are any problems.)
              and previously I have also edited "Cursors.ja-JP.xnb" (I'm Japanese :D) , but it's not quite enough to be released (low quality ( ◞‸◟ ) )

Attached Files:

ninjakaami and Blanchard like this.
              • Blanchard

Hi,

Do you mean you contributed to the mod? Did you help with Anthro Characters and want to be credited?

Or are you trying to help out with the mod currently, making or editing sprites? Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding.

• ninjakaami

ninjakaami Orbital Explorer

Really glad to see this is being revived. Which small sprites happen to be missing from the mod? Like, what is thier file name and directory in the games files?

• Blanchard

I think figuring that out will take time; even I don't know every little possible non-replaced sprite due to the game updating and the fact that multiple people worked on the mod so it's not always straightforward. Every once in awhile you'll run into a standalone scene where a character reverts. Shane has at least one I know where he falls face down for a scene; I need to find time to do a deep dive and dig them up, unless someone else does it first.

• Roskii Falfeather

If you're using my cursors then Shane will not revert when falling over

• Blanchard

Does that include his talking head sprite? If that's the case there's barely anything missing from the main mod despite 1.1 and 1.2, though I keep being paranoid whenever someone brings up a "problem" from the old mod forum. (I'm once again going off of someone's bug report rather than my own experience in actually finding anything incomplete myself, which I should learn by now is a mistake, heh)

• Roskii Falfeather

Make sure you have this one, it was posted by someone on the original thread (I can't remember who, I'm sorry). It contains the correct frames (it goes in the portrait section)

Edit: Attached a picture
                          Shane.png

Attached Files:

• Blanchard

Yup, the October 4th one is the one I've got packed in here. Okay I do have all the Shane sprites then, I'm just paranoid. I'm..not sure if there is still sprite work missing. That's the problem with pulling a bunch of different pieces out from different people; it's hard to know if everything is there without knowing each scene. (I also haven't been at my own computer in several days to just confirm on my own) I'm fairly confident there isn't actually anything missing at this point, I'm just going off of people using the wrong cursors files, ect. left over from the original post or overwriting on their own. It's amazing how many problems that old mod has caused...

I'm going to edit the main thread to ask people if they encounter missing stuff to report it rather than confirming anything is missing. Thanks again Roskii, my bad.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
                              Roskii Falfeather likes this.
                            • ninjakaami

Hey, I was browsing through the games files after installing the mod to start tracking down some missing sprites, and I noticed that on Sandy's sprite, her wings are missing on the animation cycle for walking to the left. Here's a fixed version.

Attached Files:

Blanchard and Roskii Falfeather like this.
                              • Roskii Falfeather

Does Sandy ever walk to the left? xD (Really doesn't remember)

ninjakaami likes this.
                                • ninjakaami

I think she does? I may be thinking of extra scenes and walking cycles added in by siv's marriage mod though. Even if we never see it, my sprite ocd wouldn't let me ignore her missing wings ^^"

Blanchard and Roskii Falfeather like this.
                                  • Roskii Falfeather

Its awesome that you did it =3

Adding more compatability and flexibility is never a bad thing!

ninjakaami likes this.
                                    • Roskii Falfeather

He's added a fix for the cowPhotosWinter.xnb

In its current state, it shows haley and the cows in summer instead of winter.

Great work, @HYODO

ninjakaami and Blanchard like this.
                                      • Blanchard

Oh awesome, I'll be adding both to the mod as soon as I get home. Thanks very much to @ninjakaami and @HYODO for the help~ <3

ninjakaami likes this.
                                        • Blanchard

I finally got to my home PC and actually have access to XNB-node again! I've updated the main file and credited @ninjakaami and @HYODO for their contributions~ (and to Roskii for pointing out what I hadn't realized myself... >_>;; ) I'm about to do the same over at the Nexus.

Thanks again, guys~