Animations 'n' things

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Agronis, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Agronis

Agronis Master Chief

Here is a little animation I made, its a little bit choppy because I wasn't sure how good gif compresses with animations so I went a little conservative on my frame count. I just assumed this guy was a ninja (at first I thought he was a robot but then I saw him sleeping on tiy's twitter image so I thought that couldn't be right) so I made a very 'ninja-esque' animation.

[​IMG]

Made using blender (With freestyle integration)

The model could use some work and the rigging/weight painting is kinda low quality but I'm just plain terrible at doing that so it might take me a while to smooth that out, but other than that I think it came out okay. Inspiration is from tohno/nanaya's Arc Drives from melty blood.

Dispersion likes this.
  2. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Not bad animation, you did very nicely =)

3. the one who

the one who Void-Bound Voyager

this is cool :alien:

4. GigaNova

GigaNova Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, i can watch that forever :up:

5. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

man that is so cool , what program did you use?
    :D

6. Agronis

Agronis Master Chief

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I used blender (free 3d modelling program). More specifically I used a branch with freestyle integration (to make the outlines), you can find it at graphicall.org.

7. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

could you post a link because i was trying to do a sprite walkin then running then jumping and i was doing it on movie maker so i had to do 24 fraes per second ,and to do 2 seconds takes FOREVER:)

8. Agronis

Agronis Master Chief

Ah if you're talking about the actual gif making process, I use GIMP ( http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ ). Doing gifs in GIMP is a tad bit awkward but this guide ( http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/ ) should be able to help you out there.