1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient gate

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pabz.t, May 4, 2017.

1. pabz.t

pabz.t Aquatic Astronaut

Hey y'all,
    I just started a new account and I have the mission getting started. Apparently to complete it I need to find an ancient gate, and when mining I did. When I entered, I got past the fire things and then was killed by a lizard thing. When i went back to try again the gate has disappeared. What do I do? Also what do I use core fragments for?
    Thanks!

2. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Thats not the right gate youre looking for. The ancient gate for that quest should be somewhere on the surface of the planet.

3. pabz.t

pabz.t Aquatic Astronaut

Ok thanks. What gate was that then? How do I find it again?

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Those are "Challenge dungeons". They are just mini puzzle things you can find.

Once you leave them, via exiting or death, that particular door is gone.

5. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

The small "Gate" you found was actually a Challenge Door, those are randomly spawned on planets and vanish when you go through them (Success or Fail), sometimes they respawn on planets (I have had a few spawn not far from the first after I came out of it).

If you find more of them I suggest placing a flag near it so you can get back to the area you left (The door will be gone though) if you get killed in the challenge, if you succeed, you will wind up back at the entry point when you go through the exit door.

As far as the right equipment to have for those things, make sure you are using the best armor and weapons possible, a supply of health items, a good jump tech, and the Spike Sphere tech.

6. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

The Ancient Gate (the thing you're really after), is on the surface of garden planets (like the one you start on)

If you're tracking that quest, the gate should have an arrow indicator in the top right corner, pointing in it's general direction.

Otherwise if you're not tracking it, just circumnavigate the planet until you come across it. Don't worry, it's big, and can't really be missed! :p