1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

An Observation I made

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shark, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forb.Jok

Forb.Jok Big Damn Hero

Well, it would kinda be impossible to do anything in Terraria without at least starting with a Pickaxe, Axe, etc. (basic tools).
    The sword could have been left out I guess, but frankly it's so crappy that it's hardly much better than just beating the monsters with your pickaxe, and in any case you can make a better one out of wood almost immediately anyway.

I agree though. Humble beginnings are usually the best.
    It's always fun to keep constantly improving your character with better tools, etc.

Ecchiholic and Ghostar like this.
  2. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Don't forget how fun it is to look back and see how far you have come. I remember thinking "Why cant I make stone armor" and by the end of it I was fighting a huge mechanical worm with "at the time" unthinkable HP.

Ecchiholic likes this.
  3. Forb.Jok

Forb.Jok Big Damn Hero

Yeah, it's funny how just upgrading your equipment makes things go from nearly impossible to piece of cake.
    Like soloing Wall of Flesh with pre-hardmode gear - and then once you get hardmode gear/weaponry he's a complete joke.

4. Yeah, I usually see how many blocks away from where I spawned him it takes me to kill him, using the demonite bricks as markers.

5. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty cool. I don't mind how we start out, though it would probably make sense to start out with nothing.

6. Kirein

Kirein Void-Bound Voyager

I find starting out with completely nothing doesn't really make sense to me at all. Like if you decide to go out for a adventure in the woods its not like you dont bring some sort of tool with you. I could understand no weapons or a stick or something. I just feel like you have to have at least a axe for tree cutting or a shovel. Don't wanna hurt my hand punching trees til the explode. :p

7. Ryss

Ryss Void-Bound Voyager

Thing is, you aren't going on an adventure. At the beginning, your homeworld gets blown up (or something). Don't really think there would be that much time to grab equipment and go (IDEA: you start with nothing, but you grab some beginning equipment from storage places on your way to the escape pod?).

8. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

WHERE DO U GET THESE PICTURES? TELL ME!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.